Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(gba)

Options
  • 02-10-2001 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

ok whos getting a Game Boy Advance for christmas?

I'm hoping to get it for this year and with two games Doom and Mario Kart Super Circuit with it

the GBA in galway costs: £109 with no game
    and the games cost 24.99 up to 34.99
    i like to get a link cable but i don't how much it cost?

and also i like to know how much it cost in other places in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Some oneI know joined the Electronic Boutique club? and says he can get things discounted now, like a GBA for £85.

You might save yourself a few bob if u check it out!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

You can pick a link cable up for around £5 - £10. GBA link cables also apparantly work with it - shops will probably be doing bundles coming up to Christmas - I got a load of free stuff with mine at launch.

As for the price: My local Virgin, HMV and GAME all sell it for £110, with games from £30 to £45

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Picked one up for £105 in Argos, cheapest i could be bothered finding, also F-Zero MV for £35.

Looking forward to Mario Advance 2 - portable SMW, nyom...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I can get 1 for £70 :p
    And games about £30-£40
    But thats sterling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

sorry? whats smw?

• Advertisement

Super Mario World

spoogetastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

got mine for about £72 stg. on the launch weekend... looking forward to Sonic Advance, among others...

I'll be happy with Street Fighter, Doom and Speedball :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I didn't knew speedball is going be on the gba. i get that for christmas also with the other games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Haven't you people ever heard of emulation? GBA just has loads of games that we have seen before and can get free on various web sites. Don want to pay £45 for Final Fight when I can get it free on Mame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

and the copying devices and blank carts are available too.
    but piracy sux.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yes Lex, but a GBA is more portable than a PC or a laptop. Which is kind of the point of the GBA really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

ive just seen screenshots of Doom and looks near identical to the pc version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Street Fighter 2, a link cable and a buddy to play with would be heaven. I've never enjoyed a fighting game as much as that- Tekkens ok but just does'nt have the balance.

I hope they get the button combinations right. Really you only need light punch,kick and hard punch,kick. The medium is'nt very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It's Street Fighter Alpha 3 actually, and it's looking pretty good (link)

... and here's Doom...

...TEKKEN GBA also looks interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭binman

I got a gba last month with f-zero, its so smooth for the speed, mad frame rate!

I heard how mario kart is better than its original one of my fave games ever, better getit then.

are any specs of the gba higher than playstation? before it came out there was all these rumours that it would be, but now its looking identical to SNES... anyone else hear about that?

Their brining out street fighter 2 as well. screw alpha3- i hated it.

Its going to be called Street Fighter 2: Revival and will include the 4 extra characters from super SF.

The whole 32bit gba thing was hype. It esentially can only handle snes games but it can handle a very low number of polygons. Nowhere near as many polys as a playstation.

The Neo Geo was supposedly 32bit I think but you never say any serious 3d games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

just seen the shots for tekken through Bard's link.
    all i can say is WOW

Lex: Doesn't the prospect of having a doom deathmatch down the back of the bus get your crotch all sweaty?

As for its specs: GBA has no 3d hardware. It can match the Playstation in 2D terms though (a la Rayman Advance). It is a 32bit console though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The GBA is l33t, I got mine at launch, so far I have Kuru Kuru, Castlevania and Mario Kart - all great games. I can't wait for Street Fighter and Advance Wars - but that's been delayed due to 911. :( Doom is going to be great, a good old 4 player action on e1m1! Camp the rocket launcher!!

Teeth.

Advertisement