Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network stuff

• 14-02-2000 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for somewhere that'll sell me some stuff for networking a place in a tidy manner. In particular, I'm looking for rj45 terminator boxes, and a good way to attach the patch cables to the skirting boards - anyone know?

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i got 2 nic's and a 4 port hub from peats and it was £99.00 wasent bad its rj45 . i think you could do worse though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

if you are going to buy there stuff if they say they dont have anything like that say you saw it on there website and there tune then seems to change for some reason. is it because there boss dose the website ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Naah that's not what I mean
    I have a hub, and all the pooters have network cards.
    I'm looking for rj45 terminators - things like telephone boxes that sit on walls, and then you plug the patch cable from the computer to the wall.

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dollar

See

http://www.linux.ie/tutorials/networking.html for some good tips. He says to get the stuff in Radionics of off him. His mail is on the page.

Other places that come to mind are Farnell www.farnell.com or arrow elec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Dansers, I have both crimping tools youre gonna need for that. Have a load of cable connectors here too if you want some...

B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭The Anarchist

I'll get you a quote for you if you leave your E-Mail (It'll be brand new now)

Advertisement