Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplin

• 02-10-2001 5:06pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me the name of the guy who works in Maplin that posts here ?
    I will be popping in tomorrow and I need to speak to someone competent!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Gerry and I are former Maplin comrades.

I don't think anyone here works there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Were are you working now?

Allso i wouldnt advise going into maplin's wothout knowing exactly what you want to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I wonder if either of you two were the wise guy couldn't contain himself when i shamefacedly brought back the cross over cable because i couldnt see my network through the hub....so you bought a x-over cable to connect through a hub (barely contained smirking :p ) :(twas the summer before last okay!!-newbie networking days) b'tard!! smirker :)

Anyhow, the tall ('bout 6'4") stocky bloke with the short hair in his late 30's appears to be the current guru there, i dunno his name but the others seem to ask him the questions they don't know (like whats thermal paste that you use on a cpu??!!)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Longfield
    the others seem to ask him the questions they don't know (like whats thermal paste that you use on a cpu??!!)

I can see it now, "Whats a CPU Gerry,"
    Gerry: " here see this fork, stick it in that power outlet"
    "Will do boss" :D:D:D

Anywho, do you mean. null/crossover cable, its pretty easy to change normal cat 5 into crossover, with the right tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Right now not working anywhere, might go back to itdirect.

I was very tempted to tell one or two people in maplin to stick a fork in a power socket as well, the only thing that stopped me was the fact that some of them would be stupid enough to do it. :)

Was very painful working there, just continuous computer related questions from staff all day long, apart from everything else that was wrong with the job.. I'll shut up now :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement