Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phoneline in Digibox!?!

• 02-10-2001 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Went into a local sky dealer today to pick up a contract form (Yes, I'm finally getting digital installed) and I was asked if I had a free, working phoneline available. Its now in the contract that u must have a phoneline plugged into the box at all times. I know that this is to order stuff, like box office movies and such, but up till now I thought that the default phone number the box dialled was a cross channel one (i.e. 0044 - not of this nation).

Is this still the case or do the boxes now dial local? Somebody please enlighten me cos my phone bill is high enough without a rouge digibox dialling england whenever it wishes. Thanks folks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by rymus
    Went into a local sky dealer today to pick up a contract form (Yes, I'm finally getting digital installed) and I was asked if I had a free, working phoneline available. Its now in the contract that u must have a phoneline plugged into the box at all times. I know that this is to order stuff, like box office movies and such, but up till now I thought that the default phone number the box dialled was a cross channel one (i.e. 0044 - not of this nation).

Is this still the case or do the boxes now dial local? Somebody please enlighten me cos my phone bill is high enough without a rouge digibox dialling england whenever it wishes. Thanks folks :)

What!!!! you bought from somebody else (just kidding) the phoneline is a condition of the contract since July 15th but it uses a freephone 1800 no. so it should not increase your phone bill

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i think sky are bringing some of the "other" phone line services to ireland and may use a non free phone number, but for now you have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Ahh Tony, Id get you down to install it, but its hardly worth your while coming all the way down to Cork for a couple of hours work! Thanks for the info on the phone number, that was exactly what I wanted to hear :)

Getting my 28" widescreen TV on saturday so I'll be holding a candlelight vigil next to it until de man comes with my satellite dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by rymus
    Ahh Tony, Id get you down to install it, but its hardly worth your while coming all the way down to Cork for a couple of hours work! Thanks for the info on the phone number, that was exactly what I wanted to hear :)

Getting my 28" widescreen TV on saturday so I'll be holding a candlelight vigil next to it until de man comes with my satellite dish.

I dunno might make a nice working weekend, go to Sir henrys for a beer. Anyway when you get set up go into the picture menu and set the output to 16:9 and rgb and make sure the scart is connected to av1 for best quality.

Good luck

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Somebody please enlighten me cos my phone bill is high enough without a rouge digibox dialling england whenever it wishes.

A rouge digibox ??!?!?! I didn't know they came in red !!;)

Aren't spelling mistakes grate ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yeah, I'm a frickin typo wizard! :)

Thanks for the tips Tony, the wacky tabacky is in the mail :)

Advertisement