Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want my spadge back!

Options
  • 02-10-2001 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Weird subject, I guess... but it got your attention, eh?

"Spadge" was one of the names of the worms in "Worms" and "Worms: Reinforcements" - both of which I have, but neither of which I can get to run under Windows 2000.

They were really written for DOS (or possibly Windows'95) and apparently even had issues with Win'98.

Would anyone have any idea if it's possible to get the game running under Win2K or should I just go and splash out on "Worms World Party" to satisfy the need for slimey warfare?

Free Spadge! Ban Sharkey/Smedley! ( :D )

Cheers in advance and all that,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Worms Armageddon is only around £5 if you shop around.

I don't have win2k but Worms runs fine on 98 and winMe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks NBM...

I just bought Worms World Party for £19.99 though, so I'll try that out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

hehe, worms! a classic experience and a reason to get drunk too. played it many times with good/bad results. my team was The Beers (Heineken, Budweiser, Guinness and Bulmers). hey, i was young back then :) fink, you should get that game again and have a session this weekend?

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Bard
    Weird subject, I guess... but it got your attention, eh?

"Spadge" was one of the names of the worms in "Worms" and "Worms: Reinforcements" - both of which I have, but neither of which I can get to run under Windows 2000.

They were really written for DOS (or possibly Windows'95) and apparently even had issues with Win'98.

Would anyone have any idea if it's possible to get the game running under Win2K or should I just go and splash out on "Worms World Party" to satisfy the need for slimey warfare?

Free Spadge! Ban Sharkey/Smedley! ( :D )

Cheers in advance and all that,

wasnt it spatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I think they are bringing out a worms that is in real time, it'll be pretty strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

wasnt it spatch?

No I'm pretty sure it was Spadge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Wasn't "Spadge" the nickname for Martyn Brown one of the Producers of Worms?

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Originally posted by logic1
    Wasn't "Spadge" the nickname for Martyn Brown one of the Producers of Worms?

.logic.

yes it was and funnily enough the team he was on in worms was 'team 17' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

I remember playing Worms on my Amiga 500, oh to be young again....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

my mate used to wrok with a girl who was in team 17.
    she came up with 'ha ha, stamp collection' slag :)

nice to know where they come from!

• Advertisement
Advertisement