Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumping picture on monitor

• 17-02-2000 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I just got a Belinea 103020 17" monitor. My question is every time I alt-tab between maximised windows the screen gives a little hop and then goes back to normal. It's hardly noticable but I'm just worried that there is some thing wrong with the monitor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

That's a tough one to call.
    Try Alt+Tab switching at a lower resolution/colour depth, see what happens.
    U can also change your refresh rate and see if it still happens.
    Oh!, and try changing your monitor type to "Standard SVGA 1024x768" or if it's already at that, see if you can get some drivers that were made for your monitor.

Also you can try re-installing your display adapter from the System Properties/Device manager. But if it wasn't happening with your old monitor, then it's probably a monitor issue.

That should help narrow down the problem a bit methinks.

But hell!, go with your instincts, if you think the monitor is fux0red, then return it for another before it's too late.

Good Luck.

-Dead{o}Santa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dollar

Thanks. I'll try setting it up in linux tonight and see what happens. I'm running win2K and on the belinea page it offers driver's for download but says you don't need them for NT.

I think i'll mail support!

Ta.

Advertisement