Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

http://www.errorcom.com/

Options
  • 02-10-2001 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't have done it better myself. Don't visit if you are easily offended.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

Its good to laugh but theres always a tear to dribble down the smile. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

VG VG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Great site epsilon - you know that everything on the net is a secret for only about 2 seconds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

very funny, gg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ADSL (Always Delayed Slightly Longer)

*snigger*

adam

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What is ADSL?

ADSL (Always Delayed Slightly Longer)
    rofl, classic, brill site too.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Woah, cant imagine why I'm on the thanks page. possibly for the idea of the logo a good while back.

Funny, but not for the easily offended (not like theres many of them round here...).
    Obviously a boards user, but I cant imagine who, not that interested in finding out either, though I've check the usual suspects and they all deny it (though they all said they'd LIKE to have done it!)

10/10!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Originally posted by hmmm
    Couldn't have done it better myself. Don't visit if you are easily offended.

V. Good. :D

I'd change the whois records for the site before "they" summons you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Alis

Devore wrote:
    Funny, but not for the easily offended (not like theres many of them round here...).

Speaking for the easily offended, may I say it is offensive, but in an entirely appropriate way :D

Well done!

Alis

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

The boll0x were all heard breaking with laughter in the office a few minutes ago :) Super duper!

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

cfx.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

its funny because its true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

That logo is f*cking hilarious Dev!
    Nice one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

hahahaha :) brilliant site !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

NICE! disclaimer :)
    a pitty the credits contradict them :Dhttp://www.errorcom.com/errorcom/credits.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Very Good. Would have like to have seen the REAL meaning of ISDN ( It Still Does Nothing). ADSL as acroynm for Always Delayed Slightly Longer is brilliant. Best I heard before was A Dodgy Slow Line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

most humourous I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

WELL!

That didn't stay up very long...

(someone's removed the index page)
    Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Toast
    the REAL meaning of ISDN (It Still Does Nothing)

:D:D so true :D:D

• Advertisement

Whatever about my parody site, that site couldn't possibly be confused for Eircom, and should be allowed under fair use copyright law.

EircomAreBigFatBullies.com

adam (who rushes off to WHOIS)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

rolflfe thats funny shít :):D:)
    thats fécking class actually

C'mere, whoever developed that site, feel free to zip it up and send it to storageATiewebsDOTcom, and I'll fupping mirror it.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I would love to know who or what shot it down, anyone tell us? It would be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, goddamnit, I wanna see! :(

Anyone get a mirror up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Argh plz get it back
    i aint seen it and i need a good laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Fergus2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I feel so agrue, those bastards think they can do what they like and you cant take the piss. Freedom of speach is not real in ireland.
    ba

I'm not representing IrelandOffline in this post. This is a personal matter about free speech, from someone who has already been savaged by Eircom solicitors.

The public has a guaranteed right to free expression in the Constitution of Ireland[1], and that should include the right to parody. The errorcom site could not possibly be construed as anything else, and for that reason I've decided to mirror it[2].

The site had to be modified slightly because it was originally on a Windows server, which has case insensitive filenames. You'll find the mirror here:

http://adam.beecher.net/errorcom/

The original zipfile I received anonymously is here:

http://adam.beecher.net/errorcom/errorcom.zip

And a tarball of the modified site is here:

http://adam.beecher.net/errorcom/errorcom.tgz

If you have a problem with it Eircom, I suggest you take it upstream. In America. Where parody is covered under fair use.

adam

[1] Or the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000, Section 51, (1).
    [2] This all sounds a bit emotional, but I've had to suffer at Eircom's bullying myself in the past, and it just maddens me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Great Work man, they will probably rape you for it, if they take you to court i say we turn up in mass to support you and have a wipe around for the legal bills.

Ps a simple "this is not eircom.net and any resemblance to eircom.net is poorly coincidences,

Advertisement