Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

http://www.errorcom.com/

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Teheh, very good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

By asking for this site to be taken down[if they did] arent eircom admitting that their company resembles a half-baked, crappy, rip-off, lying, cheating, scum of a company?

Funny stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I looked at the www.errorcom site and thought it was a mix of good satire with something that I'd call bordering on adolescent humor. I have a son and a nephew who would think all of it was very funny, but they are adolescents and haven't yet made much happen in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Luvleh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

This page is sick, why must you tell us what we dont want to hear... it brings a tear to my eye.... TEARS OF LAUGHTER HAHAHAHHAHAH, F*CKING exclent people!
    Im forwarding this to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Nice one Adam... i was going crazy as i went through the posts and I thought i wasnt going to see the site.... its being emailed to the masses (well four or five) as we speak.

3 cheers to Adam and the creator of the website

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

same here (to what adam said) two mirrors are better than one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Classic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I haven't laughed so long and so hard in years, thank you Adam for mirroring it, and thank you to the author, is really a good summery of what a lot of us feel.
    What equipment do I need to get for errorcom deny-stream?

A Computer
    Hallucinogenic drugs, and lots of them, that when taken will help you think that errorcom provides such a service.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

BTW i hope someone has mailed theregister.co.uk, they love this kind of stuff.
    Interesting to see what they make of how annoyed we are here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 angryuser

Superb. Thanks to Adam for taking the trouble to get a mirror of the site. But, am I missing something here ? The "whois" shows the owners and contacts of the errorcom site. so do we know these people, or is it common knowledge, but I missed it ?? :-(

"Ignorance is bliss" :-((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

WHOIS

its no secret anyways.
    free info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

That web site is a good laugh indeed -- and I needed one, the situation regarding Internet access in Ireland is, sadly, still very depressing. :(

All that said, I think it could have been done in a slightly more tasteful way. But then again, Eircom is tasteless, so who am I to argue with?

Now, anyone emailed The Register yet?

Edit: My favourite bit is:

"What is the bottom line?

You're Fecked basically."

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

yes lads, Eircom did ring the owner of the site and asked him to take it down. He did but trust me (or my reliable source), it will be back up under its www.errorcom.com url again. Just a few legal things to take care of

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What is the bottom line?

You're ****ed basically.

LMAO

That bit at the very end of the deny-stream page is soooo true :p

Cheers for that one Adam :D

another mirrored version can be found here ...

http://www.griff.cx/errorcom/index.htm

have fun folks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I hope that Ireland Offline will specifically remind the ODTR and the minister of Eircom's actions regarding the suppression of this parody.

I hope that Eircom will finally get the idea that a service provider is expected to provide a service. That the customer is always right. That we aren't a bunch of uneducated rubes who don't understand what technology is available in other countries and why we are angry that we are paying through the nose for something that other folks get for reasonable prices.

I hope that some day I can know what my monthly charges will be for my internet access, so I can plan and budget and grow my business.

I hope I hope I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I so heartily endorse this product and/or service that I'm weeping. Three thumbs up.

Originally posted by Lemming
    another mirrored version can be found here ...

http://www.griff.cx/errorcom/index.htm

have fun folks ;)

After reading the following, posted by Trojan on another thread,

As for posting mirrors of the site, thanks for the offer, but can I please ask you and your friends to sit still on it for a week or so until I get everything sorted.

My mirror is offline ... for now ;)

Oops ... should note, that quote is the original author being quoted BY Trojan

apologies for any inconveniences Trojan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Mirrored at:
    http://www.erinselbow.com/errorcom/
    http://www.elfchild.com/errorcom/

lph

Doh just seen Lemmings.. will take offline 1PM ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Maybe that page should be used for the IOFFL Blackout :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭muchos_bongo

Fu*king idiots.

When are you people going to cop the fu*k on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by muchos_bongo
    Fu*king idiots.

When are you people going to cop the fu*k on?
    Seems to have touched a nerve ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Hmm - it also seems that htose who are against the page seem to be spanking new members to Boards. Are they Eircon employees - maybe their PR staff?

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Hmm - it also seems that htose who are against the page seem to be spanking new members to Boards. Are they Eircon employees - maybe their PR staff?

I do not work for nor am I affiliated with Eircom.

I am an informed concerned tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Do you feel that Eircom or their image should not be parodied?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

For the life of me, I can't understand then why you are getting your knickers in a twist in respect of a site that is clearly a parody. Telling people to grow the f*** up and cop themselves on doesn't give me the impression of one who is "concerned".

It does, however, give me the impression of one who is narrowminded and either a sympathiser to a duopoly or else one who is wetting themselves over a bit of harmless fun!

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger

It does, however, give me the impression of one who is narrowminded and either a sympathiser to a duopoly or else one who is wetting themselves over a bit of harmless fun!

I disagree. I think that the continual childish actions of organisations such as Irelandoffline and the person in Epsilon Ltd who set up the parody site errorcom.com is unprofessional and belittles the valid concerns of the technical community in Ireland (of which IrelandOffline are not representitative IMHO). No publicity is better than bad publicity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Troll.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Troll.

No. Good way to avoid conflict though. Passive-Aggressive behaviour is typical in uninformed dicsussion.

Advertisement