Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG CD-Writer with Easy CD Creator 4

• 02-10-2001 11:49pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

Hi. Wonder if anyone can help me here. I have an LG CED-8080B CD-Writer. It is 8x4x32x. The problem I have is that it doesn't add CD Text to the CDR's. I also don't have an option to add CDText with Easy CD Creator 4 which is the software that came with the drive. I was pretty sure that the drive was CDText compatable. Maybe I'm missing something?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Your missing NERO BURNING ROM Easy CD creator is rubbish:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Well im looking at the lg 808x series user manual right now and there aint a single mention of cd text capabilities so its safe to assume that the drive cant do it. i know my 8083b cant do it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Ur missing CDRWIN - its the bomb :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I really doubt if changing the software will make a blind bit of difference, ezcd works fine for most people despite what the nero and cdrwin fanatics say.( i've all three installed and usually end up using ezcd because of its ease of use) Chances are that its either a media or a drive problem.

Also try different media, and see if there are any firmware updates for the drive provided on whatever lg's cdrom rom support pages are at.

I suppose its possible that it is ezcd, try getting the latest updates from roxio.com for the software (but don't think this is software related imho)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks for the help guys! I think that as DiscoStu has a near-identical drive, it is safe to assume that the drive doesn't support it. :( Crock! Is there any way of making it possible? :rolleyes: (Apart from excessive use of lumphammer which will make me feel momentarily better if nothing else):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement