Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

history repeats ?

• 03-10-2001 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I have noticed the way in which history repeats itself in some way or another.Take for Instance the attack on the World Trade Centre. These events really reminded me about the early days of chapter 48. Libya 1981 - 1989 in a book called "killing hope" by William Blum ( a CIA operative who wrote a book about America and its espionage operations!). Although the events on different magnitudes they still hold the same vital chain of events.

For instance :
    • A terrorist event killing Americans.
    • The same "Precise" , "Irrefutable" and "Direct" untold evidence.
    • An alliance.
    • A person who is accused of planning or financing many terrorists events over several years.

And from the looks of political events in Washington , London and Israel. It seams as though "retaliatory" action by the Alliance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Superman, not sure if it's a good or a bad thing, but you get my prize for the most nonsensical posts ever.

What irrefutable evidence is present in the current situation?

An alliance? Are you mad? Surely to gawds there has been more than one alliance in the past 12-20 years?

Hundreds, probably thousands, of people are and have been funding terrorists worldwide for many years.

I fail to see any outstanding logical connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

The same seqeunce of events happened ,
    last week said something about "irrefutable evidence".
    It just goes to show that history is never changing and is only ever being repeated in some way or another, I suggest you buy the book and read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

uhm couldnt the same be said about pearl harbour sorta i dunno seems like it cept for the financier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Hmm, should I buy the book, it wouldn't be to pull out references and coincidences linked with the WTC fiasco.

I'm sick and tired of people discovering amazing after-the-fact predictions, cycles and similarities.

I still don't see that the events in Libya and recent events are in any way mysteriously linked. Such events all have many common characteristics, such as terrorists killing people and others financing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

shame it wasnt a more exciting book, with a bit in it with superman being killed in a freak boating accident.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Paleface

When I did history for the Leaving my teacher used to always tell us that "in history, the more things change, the more they stay the same!"

I think he's right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Ripped from Warlike_Nepotist_RedNecks.com

newspeak.jpg

Advertisement