Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFXI Online Only, the price.

Options
  • 03-10-2001 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

It been anounced that FFXI will be online only and I be a wanderin how will they chaarge us as regards online gaming. Will we have to pay a monthly fee and phone calls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

cooel sounds good , any idea what itll look like?
    EQ , UO LOM what?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Monthly fee tends to be around $9.99.

However more recent games like Anarchy online +WWII Online have charged more, up to $15 a month. Of course these games were total and utter sh!te so I would guess the people who buy future games are going to be a bit more wary.

I wouldn't pay more then $10 a month, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I don't think I'll buy it if you have to pay for the calls and the monthly fee.

um so the games company should pay for your phone calls while you play for just $10 ?

Originally posted by Funky
    um so the games company should pay for your phone calls while you play for just $10 ?

Even at that rate, the amount of money you would pay over the years is quite a lot. Plus what about young ppl who could barely afford that, very unfair of Sony and Squaresoft.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Digi_Tilmitt

Even at that rate, the amount of money you would pay over the years is quite a lot. Plus what about young ppl who could barely afford that, very unfair of Sony and Squaresoft.

well the games companies paying for our phone bills is quite laughable imo , its free internet for $10 or so a month :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think its a disgrace that Squaresoft/Sony are releasing this game as online only! Why can't they release the game and also have an online feature for those that want to avail of it. Its bad enough shelling out close to £60 for a game(PSX/PS2) but having to pay extra to play it is almost like permanently renting it. I love the FF series but I can't see myself buying this one :(

Originally posted by SickBoy
    I think its a disgrace that Squaresoft/Sony are releasing this game as online only! Why can't they release the game and also have an online feature for those that want to avail of it. Its bad enough shelling out close to £60 for a game(PSX/PS2) but having to pay extra to play it is almost like permanently renting it. I love the FF series but I can't see myself buying this one :(

I worship FF too, but I won't stand for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You havent seen phone bills until you've played a mmrpg
    Welcome to a world of pain.

i used to play UO on nolimits but alas thats gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Originally posted by SickBoy

It's not just a multiplayer game, it's a mmorpg. If it's anything like any of the other ones, it wouldn't work at all with just 1 player. I'm a bit pissed that it's a mmorpg asweel, but maybe they'll follow Phantasy Star Online's example, and have no monthly fee(don't get your hopes up, we're talking about sony).

They should make the calls free, it takes the entire fun out of it knowing that for every 60 seconds of joy there is an equall but opposite amount of pain when the phone bill arives.

Advertisement