Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Mouse =)

• 20-02-2000 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi every 1....
    sup?.....
    I have got a massive problem with my mouse....
    ever since i have installed windows 98...my mouse has f***ed up..!!!...=[...
    when u use my mouse during gameplay and during videos and movies it goes REALLY jerky!!.....i thought it was my old mouse so i brought a logitech Wheel Mouse.....
    but STILL it does it!....=|
    it is really P***ING me off!!......i have d/l the newest mouse drivers and everything!....(and it is a PS/2 mouse)....
    I HOPE sum 1 can help me!! =)
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well for a start you can disable all the <rap that windows98 runs in the background... (TaskScheduueler, FindFast etc)
    Just run "msconfig" and remove all the crap from startup.
    Detach any external h/w (USB devices especialy)

Then you can get more of an idea about where the problem is coming from.

It could be down to DirectX(/DirectInput) ****ing up your mouse.
    Check if the games you're playing are using DirectInput, maybe get the latest version of DirectX(7a).
    Also try booting into safe mode and playing your games through there.

Set your mouse to use some bog-standard "Generic 2-Button Mouse" driver, and see if it still happens.

Try changing your display drivers.

> A Few Steps Of Troubleshooting, but it's better than nothing. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

So , is it really your mouse, or is it just that it's th efirst thing you notice when you're whole system is lagging?

Do you get a lot of hard drive activity while it's jerking around?

Load up that system-monitor thingy and have a look at it while you're playing a video. Is it maxed out?

If you mute your sound does it stop?

If so , you're mouse ain't the problem. I'd check your Busmaster drivers and for any DOS cd-rom drivers too. Espcially if this doesn't happen on the same video run from your HDD.
    Is anything trying to share IRQ 12 (if you have a serial adapter for your mouse give it a try , if it works then this is most likely the problem)?
    Is anything sharing the Video or soundcard IRQ?

Advertisement