Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting MP3s onto a CD for use in a CD Player

• 03-10-2001 2:10pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Never done it before, and I've no idea how.

I know Media Player 7 has a plug in for Adaptec, but I use Nero (cause it's l33t).

So, what do I need to do to get my MP3 collection onto CD so I can listen to it on my Discman???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

just convert the mp3s to wav files and burn em straight to the cd,
    dunno what program u use to convert em under windows im afraid though :(

c22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The easiest way to burn mp3'z to cd's is to use Nero.

http://www.ahead.de/download.htm

You can burn the mp3's straight to your cd without having to go through the converting to wave malarky ! Perhaps you dont have an uptodate version of the program??

When you get the latest version: Open up the audio cd write window and just drag the mp3 files that you want from the built in nero explorer window to the write cd window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

hehehe this the third time im whoring cdrwin they owe me big time

seriously that software 0wns its does anythign u want cd-r related :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I tried cdrwin 3 times, and to be generous, it gave be 3 of the finest coasters I have ever owned. I use Nero and Adaptec these days, and they never give me any trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

cdrwin has only given me 2 coasters but those were the only 2 cds ive tried to burn using it. the only thing i find it usful for is dumping iso's of my psx games to play using epsxe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

nero is the best software i think for wrighting to cd's its dead easy . but then again if you have a reely old version of nero u had to make the mp3's wavs first . just dl the latest version and then mail me if you want to extend your trial version by a bit

also use the wizard since you havent don it b4 simple as getting the square root of -x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 just_somebody

Or you could try music match www.musicmatch.com .... No coffee cup holders yet. Dead simple to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

do a search on c|net etc. for....

mp3workshop- its very good- totally customisable bit rate extraction and resampling options!:)

musicmatch Jukebox is a gem as well:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I got it with my card. On the box of the card it states, clearly mind, 'Unlimited MP3 ripping'.
    MusicMatch opnly encodes upto 96kbps and will only do about 20 tracks before wanting me to shell out.
    I just delte the ini file that records what it's done.
    is there some way to register (hack/crack/get my software back) the thing?
    I forget what version i have.
    Also, i used the Write-On-CD supplied with my drive. I ahven';t goten around to installing Nero5 yet though.
    I also got a handy program, Mp3 - Wav converter. Simple.
    Also, when burning, is it actually a load of different sessions or is it just tracks? Will my CD player ( a sony Ghetto-Blaster type thing - not Hi-Fi or walkman type) from circa 1997 read them?
    I've allready burnt one disc but it was all in the same session, 15 tracks, only half the disc used.
    80Min disc too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

mail me, I'll sort yah out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Mp3cd
    easy
    just select the mp3's and press the big red circly button
    only burns at 4X
    but its only 300kb
    and very easily cracked*

*Ive just noticed that nearly all my posts* involve me and something illegal

*ALL 4!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Try and get a program called MP3 CD Maker in the net. It's very simple and easy to use. Nero and other progs are fine but this one has the added bonus of normalizing the tracks. That is if you d/l mp3s from the net the volume usually differs from each track , normalizing equates the volumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Heres where its at for CD burning :P

For all mp3 to cd related buring use Nero.
    For all file backup and movie stoage use Nero.
    For all of your game coping stylee use CloneCD.

oh and one other thing for Nero and its different options, its real easy to use if you RTFM.

:)

Advertisement