Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revs

• 03-10-2001 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I saw the Revs and some of the Devlins in the Maynooth SU last night........ the Revs are utter sh!te! They play such crap songs badly that it hurts to listen. I cant believe that they are causing so much hype :mad:
    p.s they covered foxy lady and destroyed it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

yeah they are playing dcu tomorrow night, am in two minds about going or not... tho would like to see aussie nirvana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

I feel kind of sorry for these guys. Not that I like their music very much, but they've had a colossal backlash against them and all they're doing is replicating that whole Blink 182 thing that every band that wants to be succesful is doing at the moment. Harmless enough, really... Although that unbelievably irritating advert they had on Phantom a few weeks back made me want to punch things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I thought they were very good, especiually when they kept going for ages with no power for their intruments, expecially the second time the power went,

my mate told me they dont even get much money from any music label???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

What the fcuk is wrong with youy guys. Whats wrong with harmless rock music. I've seen The Revs, and they are great live. We all know it's not easly for a rock band to play a night club. Well i seen The Revs in cuba, Galway, they blew me away. There wasn't one person sittin on their holes. They know know to work a crowd, play their instruments, and have a good time. Sometimes i wonder why people listen to music, for me it's a pick me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

the revs stank at the ucd ball
    melaton were ok
    aussie nirvana were the best...loved the accents (is the lead singer english???? coz my austrailian friend spent the entire set shouting "oh my God, he's such a liar he's not even austrailian, the other two better be austrailian") on some of the songs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

there's nothing wrong with 'harmless rock' but if the hype surrounding your band is centred on one incredibly irritating piece of sub-blink 182 **** (and sub blink 182 is pretty bad) then you should expect a backlash. the revs are ****; their music isn't original, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing (see; the strokes, belle + sebastian, daft punk) if it's also boring and crap then you're in trouble.

hopefully they'll die a horrible horrible death soon (but not literally, we don't want people claiming they were musical geniuses)

Advertisement