Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York 2032

Options
  • 03-10-2001 4:40pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I laughed (that's exactly the kind of joke I love), but the people have spoken Blade - sorry mate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Is this supposed to be funny, cause i think its sh*t stupid and offensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Eh, made me smile a bit, not that bad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

agreed....

(its sh*t stupid and offensive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Sharkey

Originally posted by Bard
    agreed....

(its sh*t stupid and offensive)
    I'm an American who lost friends in the WTC and I don't see any humour.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Offensive?? Whos it offensive to? In case you hadn't noticed it's a pro-American joke, if it's offensive to anyone it's to Arabs but I guess you guys don't see it that way huh? It's only one of many 'The eagle is gonna kick your A$$' jokes MADE by Americans lately. And yes I think it's a typical sad arrogant American attitude too but at least this joke was reasonably funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

heck this could be in humanities

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Sharkey
    I'm an American who lost friends.
    Sorry 2 hear that sharky :(

Originally posted by Blade
    I laughed (that's exactly the kind of joke I love), but the people have spoken Blade - sorry mate.
    BTW - don't take offense at my past sour attitude. I did lose a number of friends at the WTC. Emotions were extreme sorrow and rage at first ... now most of the rage is gone - replaced by a calmer, but still seething resolution. All that stereotypical bit about the gambit of emotions has proved true w/me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Blade
    if it's offensive to anyone it's to Arabs but I guess you guys don't see it that way huh?

Actually- that's exactly how I saw it. Apart from the fact that using such a tragedy as the basis for a (bad) joke is wholly inappropriate and ill-advised... YES!... It's offensive to ARABS!

How is that any less of a bad thing than being offensive to Americans?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Becauce Bard,the Arabs are not going to send over a fleet of battleship,bomb the crap out of a few cities and then send in thosands of group troops to mob up :)

And Blade I though the joke was funny and posted it the other day.Some people are just to anal retentive for there own good.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Venom
    Becauce Bard,the Arabs are not going to send over a fleet of battleship,bomb the crap out of a few cities and then send in thosands of group troops to mob up :)
    Actually, battleships are useless as Afganistan is landlocked.

And Blade I though the joke was funny and posted it the other day.Some people are just to anal retentive for there own good.
    Respectfully, I just didn't find it a bit funny.

Now this is funny

binladenwindow.jpg

Advertisement