Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY news active

• 03-10-2001 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

The sky news active icon now disappears during the ad break. So much for news on demand

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You can still access the Sky News Active screen though by pressing the red button. The icon doesn't need to be onscreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Strangely enough I found that you couldn't get the active to work during ads, it wouldn't come back on but maybe that's just a once off.

John.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it's not a once off. every ad break i can't get into it. i bet if Sky Active was on Sky News here it would work

That new sky active ,imo, is horrible...:mad:
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

all those horrible little active logos. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

All you have to do is press BackUp to get rid of active icons. If you try to get Yahoo! mail on Sky Active you will be welcomed with a box saying that the services will be available in Ireland in new year.

I wonder what the Yahoo mail will cost,in terms of phonecalls?
    Under no circumstances will I be using any interactive Sky services that involve phone calls-complete waste of money,imo-sky are you listening???
    This question should probably be on another section , but if and when an Irish dtt service gets up an running, and if it has a back channel to its operators-Will there be free interactive stuff and maybe free e-mail?
    now that would be attractive...I realise theres probably only so much space to offer these things??
    mm

Advertisement