Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New MMORPG Space Sim

Options
  • 03-10-2001 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Well I brought the game home.

Started the install and was amazed to find that people in Europe are not allowed play with anyone else from the rest of the world.

Obviously everyone hates the french, thats why they put this in. :)

(It appears they have 2 versions of the game, one for Europe and one for everyone else)

So it installs fine. I am able to register my name "Hobbes" (someone stole my other ID I use).

I get into the Space station, mindlessy wander around the menus not too sure what to do and I find tutorial. I launch with excitement of my mission to fly in a straight line and back again.

As I am leaving the docking bay a large dialog box explains what to do and says "Click the mouse or press escape to close". I click the mouse and the game crashes.

It doesn't just crash, it locks up my machine (W2k).

So I reboot and try again, this time avoiding the evil trick of clicking the mouse and hit escape instead.

After a few minutes trying to get a hang of the controls I get dropped to desktop. No error message, no nothing. I try to log back in but it says I am banned. Instead of putting me back to the menu after telling me this it quits out of the game.

After about 2 minutes of this my machine crashes and reboots. for no apparant reason (probably a memory leak).

So I start up again. after a few minutes... AGAIN I am dropped to desktop (apprantly this combat manuver is detailed at planetjumpgate as CTD)

I check my memory, etc and notice the game is still in memory and holding up a port too. I cannot kill the process no matter how hard I try. 2 minutes later the program does it for me by crashing and rebooting my machine.

So I update my drivers just in case it's a problem there. Nope does the exact same thing again... at this point I'm annoyed so I try the "Uninstall and terminate account" feature and find it works perfectly.

Game is going back to the shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I tried the beta test of the game, and while initially it seemed rather good, it quickly lost it's appeal. It was being touted and a MMORPG verion of elite, which would have been great, but there was so little in it that it proved boring and tedious.

Advertisement