Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i find out the name my motherboard

• 19-02-2000 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bios update but i don't know the name of my motherboard, it aint in the manual any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Step1:
    Say "Hello Tim", quite loudly.
    if the motherboard responds, it is Tim. If not , proceed to Step2.

Step 2:
    Say "Hello Persephone", quite loudly....

Or, read the BIOS code (Should be on the top of your boot up screen) and go to [url="HTTP://Support.Intel.com"]HTTP://Support.Intel.com[/url] (I think you said before that it was an Intel ....) to track the MBD by this number. You'l find the BIOS updates there aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Fing

Take a close look at sets of numbers on the board, write 'em down and search the web using that criteria. Is there a problem with your motherboard that warrents a bios upgrade? If not, leave well alone - 'If its not broken....'

Fing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

No probs but there isn't much u can do with it, like for optimizin it, so i want to update bios and see does it give u more options. If someone has a registered copy of tweakbios that would be good to smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭Gerry

lol..u know what tweakbios is but u dont know
    how to overclock smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

smile.gif i'm not able to overclock my puter cause it is protected from overclockin or something, bastids smile.gif

I've narrowed my motherboard down to 3 possibilites smile.gif i don't understand why they don't just write this stuff in the manual smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Rumplestiltskin.

They don't say it in the manual so it can be rebranded. My Asus K7M has absolutely no mention of Asus in the manual and very little if anything on it's website. That's OEM kit for you.

Oh and inspired by the recent talk of overclocking I fitted my K7 with an extra Coolermaster fan and my Voodoo 3500 and other cards with the fan out of a spare PSU I had. Haven't actually overclocked yet cos I'm ploughing through Toms h/w just to get all the info.

Play GLminesweeper! Lunacy Abounds!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 20-02-2000).]

wooo jumperless m/b! Set it to 102 fsb and got 550@600. So nerdy goals to cross off my list:

1. Overclock a PC
    2. Setup linux (nearly just modem and s/card left)

My brane hertz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Ah, but are you generating more sound than a 747, and creating a wind tunnel in your room?....If yer not ya can't join the 'Cool'-Geek club Amp...('Cool'-Geek, get it, subtle yet works on so many levels, I crack me up some times..... smile.gif..).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

lol... I'v oc my athlon 550 week 43 to 700 and i just found out that the fans om my cpu heatsink weren't working redface.gif

but there working now smile.gif

if you looking for a good athlon oc (goldfinger card) try http://www.k7oc.com

I pulled the plug on Dublan :)

Oh it makes a fair racket, but it's in my kitchen. hmmm 700... na I'll run with 600 for a while and see how stable it is.

Also I have realised the sheer lack of |33t ch@r@t3r5 in my p05ts o\/ l@t3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

AJ,
    if you want to overclock your voodoo, i have the program...all nice and painfree.
    its only a couple of k too.
    all you need to do is move the slider card to the desired speed...cool smile.gif

Your Imps Demand cable....

excellent, e-mail to me!

--
    Your gimps demand cable net access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oi, get yer own bloody signiture.
    play dungeon keeper 2 for some crackers smile.gif

you have earned a dungeonm keepers tip:
    its 3 i the morning.....GO TO BED!

we have a JACKPOT WINNER!