Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business telephone systems

Options
  • 03-10-2001 10:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I have to go through a quotation for a business telephone system for the daddy, but to be honest I might as well be looking up a cows behind. Anyone advise me?

He currently has a two-line analogue pulse-dial system, and he wants to upgrade to a three line tone-dialling system. It also needs to be future-proof to an extent, at a minimum he needs the option of one other line; and he wants to be able to connect computers to it at some stage. The computers will only need Internet connectivity, and I don't think ISDN is a requirement.

The quote is for a Toshiba DK40 system "initially equipped for: 4x exchange lines; 8x digital extensions; and 4x analogue extensions (for modems, faxes, cordless phones, etc), connected to: 1x DK2510 F-SD digital telephone with 10 soft programmable keys, LCD and total hands free; 1x DKT200IF digital telephone with paging and message waiting; and 4x DKT2510 F-s digital telephone with 10 soft programmable keys and hands free answerback."

The price for all of that is £1340, and there's also the option of a 2 port strategy voice mail system @ £1235. All prices exclude VAT. I'm generally sceptical of telco companies, for obvious reasons, and I'm a bit wary about this. I get the impression that the quote is over-specced, and probably overpriced for that matter. I'd appreciate advice or recommendations of people to talk to (in Cork for preference).

Cheers,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

You couldnt go far wrong giving Digital a ring. They are in the Marina Commercial Park (Enterprise house, not one of the factories). They did our phones at the last place I worked at, very good crowd of lads.

You might even get a discount if ure talking to Ken. Tell him Ryan from LocataCo told u to ring them... if nothing else it'll give him a laugh :)

Good Luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This crowd is it rymus (Digital Communications Management)? Ta.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

That looks like it, but I cant be sure. My crowd were simply "Digital" as opposed to DCM. They may have changed their name tho cos I havent seen any of them in ages. I'll be in enterprise house in the next couple of days anyway so I'll check it out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks rymus, much appreciated.

adam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement