Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long distance phone calls.

Options
  • 03-10-2001 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

I've posted this to the after hours board as well. I wasn't really sure where to post. But anyway here goes.

Basically i was just wondering if anyone out there knows of a cheap, reliable long distance phone service that doesn't require i change away from eircom. I make a lot of trans-atlantic phone calls and it's quite expensive. It costs me 12p a minute off peak. Anyway any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who's used such a service and can recommend a quality service, i'd really like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Killian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Ckeck out: www.bestvalueireland.com

I think Atlas, Yap etc are pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think you can sign up with another company to make international calls while staying with eircom to make local & national calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 honey

I've found Century Home to be really cheap - has saved me a fortune. I still have an eircom account and just have to dial a 5-digit no. to use Century Home. It's prepaid and seems to be pretty easy to get free calls when opening an account or topping up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Still operating from Ireland

swiftcall www.swiftcall.com
    switchcom www.switchcom.ie
    newtel www.newtel.ie dodgy digital cert on this.

all give you either 5 digit number access

or 1800/1850 and pin

i have heard as low as 8c a minute incl vat

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

How did this get up here again after almost a year?
    Anyway, i sorted myself out thanks.

Killian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just be wary of hidden charges (while this old thread is here). Hidden charges are rife among these international call cards. They claim that it is the only way they make their money but it is lies. Sorry but these guys are mostly thieving snakes. There are some out there that are not in that vein, some companies charge the cost that they advertise...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Whats the big deal about moving away from Eircom? You keep using their line and let another company take over the billing. With Cinergi you save a flat rate of 35% on international calls: See www.cheaperphonebills.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Corko

Check out:
    Esat Home 1800924300
    Gotalk 1800921921

Gotalk are UK base but are very cheap calling far away places. Esat Home are good as well.

If you use these services from mobiles or payphones you may incur surcharges. B careful

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

And Talkshop on 1890 927 938.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Budget Telecom are good.
    http://www.budgettelecom.ie or dial 13121 from your landline(freephone number). When you dial 13121 they automatically give you €1 worth of free calls to try their service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement