Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been contacted by Eircom regarding Errorcom.com

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think eircom should change the logo to a picture of ireland with a big claw grabbing it instead of a globe with the bird/hand(?) thing

like this

http://www.geocities.com/disappear_ie/eircon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

no image/document found at the URL in your post, "Giblet".

i'll just put the link up
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Something comes to mind:

http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/bladerunner/showContent.jsp?cid=LegalStatement&BV_SessionID=@@@@0048139730.1002492710@@@@&BV_EngineID=jadccegfmildbedcfjgchgcghk.0&selectedChannel=Corporate%20Profile&fromChannel=About%20Eircom&

Last updated: Jul 12, 2001

Legal Statements
    The web site has been developed as a service provided by eircom plc. This web site provides selected information on eircom and the telecommunications industry generally. As with all information, it may become out of date over time. It is important that consumers obtain advice from an independent professional advisor before purchasing shares or ADRs in eircom. This money information is made available for information purposes only and is not intended to form the basis of any 12.00 investment decision. Any links to external sites are included for convenience only and do not constitute any endorsement of material contained on those sites or any associated organisation, product or service.

eircom plc hereby grants to any person the right to copy documents published by eircom on the World Wide Web for non-commercial use within your organisation only, provided any copy of these documents which you make whether electronic or mechanical shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained herein. No permission is granted to make any changes to the images or information on this web site.

This publication is provided "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION. Nothing contained on the site should be construed as a solicitation or offer for sale or invitation to purchase shares in eircom plc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ah- strange... I pasted the URL into IE and it was fine... but didn't show in my trusty Opera 5.12 ... even went as far as to show a Geocities error page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

cw.gif

*excuse the following*

I think these are a hairy version!
    Your right bard- what is it w/ telcos and balls??

the problem was something to do with geocities they dont like people using accounts for storage
    i made a little html file for it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by 80project
    what is it w/ telcos and balls??

Maybe they're compensating for something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

ripofflogo.gifkazakhtelecomlogo.giflogo_homepage2.gifcw.giflogo.jpglogo2.gif

:D my google skills found 2 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

well surely they realise that ven if they did get the details of errorcom, they will never be able to get rid of all the mirror sites

so

eircom

give up, just give us what we want, what everyone else in europe has already, and we im sure the sites will go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Take a shufty at http://www.francetelecom.com/vanglais/home/homev4.html : I reckon the France Telecom colours have just been tweaked by one degree to get the Eircom colours.

There's certainly lots of precident in telecoms logo design for orange, blue (or bleu!) and balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Whatzzzzz the fuss Eircom. You seem sooooo concerned that someone might be pretending to be you but sure your pretending to be a provider of telecoms services to people for years. Surely no one would want to be confused with you lot. Its amazing you have the staff and time to chase around seeking ErrorCom when it took you 3 weeks to fix my phone after your pole fitters had reversed all the wiring to my home an action which you adamantly denied leaving me without service. You never got around to admitting nor apologising either did you. Yet you have the gall to phone me looking for my business back then leave me without service for another week because your hole diggers are at it. Or perhaps I'm being punished for switching providers ?????? Do you have anyone who can do their job properly. Inept Inept Inept Inept Inept. Stop bitching about ErrorCom, it will never do the damage you do to yourselves.

Hitbit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Umm, this thread is 5 years old :eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

WizZard, don't encourage him. hitbit banned. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement