Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirror Mirror on the wall....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

In order to put a webpage on £ircom servers you must have an £ircom IP.
    ie..you must have be using £ircom or Indigo, this is so that £ircom can track your IP to your phone number.
    rymus, expeact a call from £ircom tomorrow ro whenever they find your page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

and when they do call me, I'll just say

"I dunno who owns the site (truth) and I only created the mirror out of mob mentality (also truth)" :)

Maybe its time for a change to a UTV dialup for a while anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just a simple screen capture i got from an Eircom hosted webpage :)

errorcom.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by chernobyl
    In order to put a webpage on £ircom servers you must have an £ircom IP.
    ie..you must have be using £ircom or Indigo, this is so that £ircom can track your IP to your phone number.
    rymus, expeact a call from £ircom tomorrow ro whenever they find your page.

I'd be worried about this alrite Chernobyl but @ the moment I cant find the details so its not an issue:(

Fair Play to Ya rymus;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Time to get my IP spoofing hax0rs tools out...ie...someone elses windows machine.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Heh, I registered for webspace with 'eircomreallyreallysucks' ('eircomreallysucks' and 'eircomsucks' were already gone (I think I registered 'eircomsucks' before actually)), but it doesn't seem to have been activated. Odd that. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Me too:

www.geocities.com/foigal/errorcom

I don't think eircom realised what they were doing when they took down adam's site.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Trojan

(Not that I'm a commi-tea member or anything, just an interested party) but I agree with that fella. Why not just put up a page with links to each and every mirror? That would be funny :)

Al.

That fella... isn't a fella ;) ... it's Elana, - our P.R.O. - and it's the general concensus of the committee, from what I can tell, that we can't condone the Errorcom site and can't be seen to be associated with it.

We therefore can't host a mirror of it. I think this is understandable under the circumstances.

Note that I don't think we'll be condemning it either :)

• Advertisement

[CLARIFICATION: They didn't take down *my* site, they - allegedly - took down someone else's; I just mirrored it. And although I gave in on a previous occasion, I've educated myself in the meantime - they wouldn't get one of my sites down these days without a court order.]

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I might just mention that I dropped an email to Tim Richardson of The Register yesterday evening telling him about the Errorcom site, Eircom's efforts to get it removed and the tens of mirrors which are springing up. If we're lucky we might get a mention.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I have to say, as an average internet user, I find all this very amusing :D and seeing the amount of mirror's of the site.... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

That fella... isn't a fella ... it's Elana, - our P.R.O. - and it's the general concensus of the committee, from what I can tell, that we can't condone the Errorcom site and can't be seen to be associated with it.

Ooops, sorry Elana!! :)
    We therefore can't host a mirror of it. I think this is understandable under the circumstances.

I said link!
    Originally posted by Trojan:

Why not just put up a page with links to each and every mirror?

You could call them links to your "members[1] pages" which in fact, they are! :)

Al.

1. Or "supporters". Whatever you call us!

Heh, Trojan's trying to set us up as the local chapter of 2600. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Heh, Trojan's trying to set us up as the local chapter of 2600.

adam

It already exists to an extent ;)

Mirrors:

http://www.sibeal.net
    http://www.criostal.com/errorcom

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by rymus
    Maybe its time for a change to a UTV dialup for a while anyway :)

I've been using UTV (formerly DNA) since I started using the web/playing games/etc at home a few years ago. I've rarely had a problem with them and their connectivity speeds have been consistently around 45,333 - 49,333 kbps

Incidentally ... my mirror is back up

http://www.griff.cx/errorcom/

I'm not putting up a list of links to the errorcom mirrors on the IOFFL site. It will give the appearance that IOFFL condones the errorcom site, --- which it officially doesn't.

If, however, the committee decide en masse that we should put up such a list, I'll ... probably do so.

I doubt this will happen however.

Keep errorcom... but keep it seperate from IrelandOFFLine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

http://www.avara.utvinternet.ie/

I already posted it in another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Oak3

Oooh look at this...a list of new errorcom mirrors. Things are hotting up.
    I think we should go all out to bring the truth out into the open

The truth about the scandalous way in which everybody in this country is
    being treated by government, utilities, banks, insurance companies, and those
    who have a cosy cartel in the marketplace. The PETROL Companies.

Its about time we voiced our collective disapproval. Our decisions as consiumers will make the difference. Dont be ripped off. Just say no.

http://www.pinkbubble.net

It'll be very interesting to see what happens in the coming months. My feelind is that the hour of the underdog has finally arrived, and we should jump on it like a school of piranha fish having suddenly come across a shoal of juicy sardines. ( yes i know that piranha are freshwater fish....rare to come across a sardine isn't it?):p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

there's a list of errorcom mirrors over at ,

http://www.pinkbubble.net

I must admit that posting a new thread to say that was a bit of a boobie, this is a much more appropriate place for it.

without the incitement to rebellion no doubt! I wouldn't mind if it was deleted actually, DeVore. Its not as if its a new topic like.

thanks

oak3

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its good that this has a thread of its own.
    Its a single point of reference.

DeV.

Two things:

"errorcom" got a mention in todays Tribune, in an article written by Fergus Cassidy, who has been consulting with me during the week. It mostly discusses the free speech issue, and doesn't really give a whole lot of coverage to errorcom specifically, or to IrelandOffline at all. It's a very interesting piece though, worth a read.

Also, I've updated my own mirror with a disclaimer, as well as links to other items of relevance, including the mirror index mentioned here, and IrelandOffline website. Others may wish to consider adding disclaimers of their own, as Eircom may find themselves quite busy with this next week. Or not, who knows...

adam

There are enough topics about 'errorcom' already, thanks.

I've merged the new topic about mirrors into this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

dahamsta m8, is it ok if I use the same disclaimer as you have? Ill stick a wee thank you to you for the legal info at the bottom if thats ok :)

cheers man..

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

cfx.gif

I'd like to have a scance at that . G'is a look.

Advertisement