Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish times article

Options
  • 04-10-2001 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

http://scripts.ireland.com/technology/newsshowall.cfm?ID=2028

the link above indicates that the odtr was the bad guy in delaying adsl and eircom are the victims

i sent a responce to the editor as follows...

Jamie Smyth

Your atticle on Istream being delayed by the regualtor and pointing out that eircom are blaming the regulator on the delay and that the users will suffer!?

You fail to mention that it was the USERS!!!
    that where instrumental in putting presure on the regulator to STOP! eircom from introducing ISTREAM at such an uncompetative price.
    I represent one of those users that placed presure on the regulator to halt the introduction of istream and many more of us from www.irelandoffline.com will continue to place pressure where it is needed to get a proper and fair price structure..
    everywhere else in the world you get adsl for £40. per month and no cap. eircom are limiting to 3gig and charging £99.00.
    if you would like to get more insight into the feeling for what Users about the state of broad band in ireland and how eircom are ripping us off with there attempt at broadband please visit...
    www.irelandoffline.com
    and
    http://www.boards.ie/irelandoffline
    Please dont hesatate contact me for further information.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well done BoneCollector, that article did come across as bit in Eircom's favour, although I'm not sure it was intentional. I don't know Jamie, but I get the feeling he likes to avoid editorialising, unlike Karlin Lillington who likes to get her opinion across. Maybe next time he'll spin it in our direction though.

Eh Jamie? :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

well measured response restating the facts

In fairness the times have been fairly impartial up to now:)

Advertisement