Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get em while they are hot... Errorcom t-shirts.

Options
  • 04-10-2001 6:52pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Click on this
    http://www.t-shirtzoo.com/index.asp?imgid=4342

To be able to buy a t-shirt with this on it:

mousebig.jpg

afaik we arent making anything off this (Price is about 12.50 Irish)

I just kinda thought that people in skyscrapers shouldnt die for freedom of speech and then we back off cos of threats. (oh bit political!).

But mostly I just thought it was funny.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I get one, if only i had a credit card :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

including deliv, vat etc. its €21.90 or £17.25

I'll take a pic and post it up when I get the t-shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

ROFL

Got to get one of those.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Just coughed up for one too..excellent idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Might be interesting to wear one of these to the upcomming "e-ireland" exibition.

Would it be possible to get stickers with this design?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

From what i can tell, them just take an image, any image and imprint it on the t shirt.

Im sure you could probably get it done in dublin for that price.
    maybe use it as a fund raiser for ioffl and sell them at public meetings, isnt martin in this line of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by «Bo§ton»
    From what i can tell, them just take an image, any image and imprint it on the t shirt.

Im sure you could probably get it done in dublin for that price.

They do... and you can...

The t-shirt printing place in the ILAC Centre (Parnell St. entrance side) does it - you just give them an image on disk (Jpeg/Gif) and they'll print it on a t-shirt for you.

Their prices are £12.50 per t-shirt, so when DeV says he's not making any money out of it, I'd believe him.

However, I'm not terribly sure as to how appropriate this is on our forum...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

True, just thought of that. (I consider all of boards.ie my playground sometimes :)

I think we should move it to one of the tech fora. I'll pick one in the morning
    Perhaps another forum that ISNT associated with the IOFFL name where people like me can play with stuff.
    Like I said, I didnt make up that site but I wish I had thought of it!
    This is the sort of guerrilla stuff I like, but which I fully concur IOFFL cant (and shouldnt) get involved with.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Bard

They do... and you can...

The t-shirt printing place in the ILAC Centre (Parnell St. entrance side) does it - you just give them an image on disk (Jpeg/Gif) and they'll print it on a t-shirt for you.

Their prices are £12.50 per t-shirt, so when DeV says he's not making any money out of it, I'd believe him.

However, I'm not terribly sure as to how appropriate this is on our forum...

thanks for the info, ive also no problem with this being here as it certainly isnt offencive in anyway to the majority of people that matter(i.e. not eircom)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

im really tempted to get one done up on friday at the ilac.
    me thinks...

Also i agree that as a organisation ioffl need to dedance itself from actions like these, but never allow people like eircom to place the blame for these actions at our door step

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

lol @ that, nice work dev with the t-shirt, and to the creators of errorcom.com .... managed to get a good laff outta me and brought a bit of humour to an otherwise fkin crap situation.

okay...

as for the t-shirt... I think one with the main logo would also look good, i.e.:
    errorcom-tshirt-proposal.gif

Now THAT ... I'd wear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 IKiigan

.... but i'd prefer one with the "errorcom" logo on it (that to me was the funniest part of the "satire").

great logo :)

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I'm tempted too. Does that place in the ilac do graphics on the back too? The errorcom logo and "Ireland by the B..." would be good there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

:p:p:p How about we all print off a few post cards with the RAT and send them to eircom!! :D:D
    though... you could put the errorcom logo on front then the rat on the back! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I'l, scrounge up a bit of money and get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Methinks that shop in the Iilac is going to be busy this weekend :)

I'm going for the "Ireland by the Bollocks" look on the front and the "keep your mouse" on the back.

700€ my arse, the more we make them suffer publically the better. (i mean that other vaguely similar sounding company i mean :p )

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Hmmm ... wouldn't it be nice if we could get a full man size costume for the errorcom rat made up, then the eircom mouse costume made up. Then get two brave souls to wear them outside Eircom's head quarters, and have the rat jumping on, and kicking the sh*te out of the mouse. Might even get on the news :) ... could be fun ;)

er...

dahamsta!!!

If I recall correctly, he said he could provide a mouse costume...

someone else will have to volunteer to wear it, as far as I'm aware...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I like the sound of that, Logo on the front and rat on the back ... If you go for it DeV I'll order one=]

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Personally, I had an extremely pleasant daydream recently, of someone dressed as the IrelandOffline snail kicking seven kinds of ****e out of the Eircom mouse at a press event.

NOTE: It was a daydream. Dreams are different from reality. Add that to your little chart there, next to Superman, Dougal.

adam

How 'bout someone dressed as a mouse in an XXL-sized Errorcom t-shirt (with the logo) walking down Grafton Street on a Saturday handing out information sheets on the wonderful products that Errorcom provide ? :)

It would be great if we had the mouse costume @ any march we may have...

It brings back memories of a Senior Cup Rugby Match, when my school CUS Leeson Street had one of our lads dress up in a Terenure Shirt and was dragged out onto the pitch at halftime and had the shít kicked into him.

Me thinks theres a celebrity deathmatch type flash movie waiting to be made *hint hint*:D

BTW I'm goin to the match on Saturday
    If anyone wants to send me a big banner or something I could fly I'd happily do it.

I'm goin to find it difficult w/ all that €ircom cráp around- I'll need something to maintain sanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

TSHIRT.jpg

I Never liked White! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I have to say this is all legendary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Great reading material first thing in the morning ;)

I'm *almost* tempted to volunteer to walk down Grafton St. in a mouse outfit with an Errorcom shirt on .. hehehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Originally posted by Bard
    okay...

as for the t-shirt... I think one with the main logo would also look good, i.e.:
    errorcom-tshirt-proposal.gif

Now THAT ... I'd wear :)

Can we get a high res jpg of this image put up somewhere - I want that T-shirt.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The only thing I didnt want to get into is some charge of making money from the similar logo. I reckon that would attract heat that could stick. I still havent found a lawyer who will tell me what the legalities are and stand by them...
    We'll see.

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeV. did you see this reply I gave re: the legal situation

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=32690

bout half way down

I too would echo the danger of using the errorcom b*ollocks logo!

Advertisement