Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get em while they are hot... Errorcom t-shirts.

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yep saw that but its not much use in court unless he's willing to stand by it... :/
    I think he's right too, it could get complicated with the logo (much as I love it!) esp since money is involved.

Better to use the Rat and combat their dumb campaign.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

I doubt it would stick especially when it's a ripoff itself, no harm being cautious - Rats with big sticks are scary!

I wouldn't want anyone to anonymously mail me a illustrator or jpeg file of the errorcom logo

pencil@ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Selling T-shirts using the parody logo could indeed raise issues, if even a penny in profit is made out of it; or indeed if Eircom could raise suspicion that profit was being made.

Again it is parody, and hence legally it's highly unlikely that the company could actually do anything, but because money changes hands you open yourself to court actions and injunctions while proceedings go through. Which is Not Good.

However, I'd love to see them do anything about a webpage featuring a high resolution PSD/TIF of the image in downloadable form and detailed instructions about where to get and how to use iron-on transfer systems, along with addresses and contact details of t-shirt printing stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Prehaps if the blue text was chasnged to white and the background was that gaudy bright blue then it would be much more recognisable, and hence raise awareness amongst ppl on the street.
    just a thought.
    [sarcasm]
    And yes. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to "anonymously" mail me a high-res image. Oh no. By god no.

john.coleman@nuigalway.ie

*ahem*

/me coughs
    [/sarcasm]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Selling T-shirts using the parody logo could indeed raise issues, if even a penny in profit is made out of it; or indeed if Eircom could raise suspicion that profit was being made.

So what would the status be on say buying an item such as a mug or cap and getting a FREE t-shirt.

Basically at the old style raves it was illegal to sell alcohol but what did happen was maps directing party goers to the location were sold for £10 or £12 and you got several cans of your chosen beverage free. Perfectly legal.

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Dammit! I hope nobody includes my

lolth@ireland.com

when they are sending around a nice errorcom logo. I certainly would never ever ever put it on a T-shirt myself and thereby bypass the whole "profit" issue and legality.

You can't be stopped if it's for personal use :) And if the artist has given public permission for his artwork to be used.

If people can wear a "coke is sh*t" logo I really can't see eircon getting too far with a "their two balls look almost like our one!" argument...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

And just because I already have iron on transfers at home no should think of putting my name on the list either:

kix2000@ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

I have an iron that needs a work out...
    sonic@dojo.ie

lph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 IKiigan

But I do also hope that nobody will email me a nice hi-res quality image of the Errorcom logo, so that I might accidentally go to the T-shirt center type places and print up some T-shirts for myself and all my geeky friends.

ian@kiigan.com

Incidentally, that "putting up a website with the hi-res logo, and details of where to find t-shirt printing shops" etc is a great idea as it takes Ireland Offline out of the picture as regards any claims of profits from a potentially libellous parody of a well known corporate logo.

ian@kiigan.com

If someone please doesn't email me that hi-res image (and any t-shirt printy places you know about around the country) I might not be able to accidentally not put up that website for all to see right away.

Thanks

Ian

ian@kiigan.com

Yeah that yellow look was cool BoneCollector but I reckon I'd have to go with classic Errorcom blue.

Also I know some decent tattoo studios if anyone wants to be REALLY committed to the cause haha.

ian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

My mother will beat me i sure hope no body emails me,
    heres the email not to mail incase your confused word@iol.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by lphchild
    I have an iron that needs a work out...
    sonic@dojo.ie

lph

what a coincidence! I've loads of ironing that needs doing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mordeth@nettaxi.com

i certainly hope I don't get emailed that hi-res image. I just don't know *what* I would do.

what about this one (or a variation on it)... featuring both graphics...>?

"Keep your mouse, errorcom... and give us ADSL"

errorcom-tshirt-proposal2.gif

Looks nice actually, but I have one problem with the current t-shirt and that is the phrase "give us ADSL".

The Eircom answer to that demand would be some thing like : "We are trying, but the naughty ODTR won't let us! We have i-Stream and we really want to give it to you!".

Also, not all those here actually want ADSL, at least, not from Eircom. If I had a choice, I wouldn't give Eircom a penny of my money ever again. I don't have a choice unfortunately, but I certainly won't be signing up for that over-priced 12-month contract rip off that is i-Stream.

I'd like ADSL, but not from Eircom.
    My t-shirt would have the Errorcom logo and say some thing subtle like "Shove i-Stream up your arse".

That's me, Mister Tactful!

Still I'd be embarrassed to ask the nice people in the t-shirt printing shop to print a t-shirt with a naughty word!

Ian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think the errorcom bollocks logo on the front, and the rat on the back is the coolest one mentioned yet :) .

I'm going to dublin tom, might get it done then heh.. if I don't get emailed that hi-res image in time of course.

Originally posted by IKiigan

I'd like ADSL, but not from Eircom.
    My t-shirt would have the Errorcom logo and say some thing subtle like "Shove i-Stream up your arse".

Yeah... but make it say "i-Scream" or something so that you're not using any of their protected trading names...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Originally posted by Bard
    what about this one (or a variation on it)... featuring both graphics...>?

"Keep your mouse, errorcom... and give us ADSL"

errorcom-tshirt-proposal2.gif

Send Me a high-res pic of that would u plz.. gonna get it even though my mum will beat my fupping ass in. slicers@oceanfree.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

DeV.
    Re: The logo issue after further research would go something alone these lines....

The likely interpretation a court would make in terms of libel and Intelectuall Property, would involve one of the key tests...
    "What is the statements/ logos actual ordinary meaning or symbolism"
    This in effect means if an avg. person reads / sees a defamatory statement/logo, what or who would they attribute that to. In this case the logo is very similar to the "actual, ordinary" logo of €ircom, thus the "orange boll*cks" may breach the trademark of €ircom.
    IMO, however funny the logo may be, it may be wise to compromise its use in lieu of legal proceedings.

In terms of the mouse / rat, it too is not totally exempt from potential liability, but as long is it maintained as being just a generic cartoon character w/ no overt reference to its €ircom counterpart then its fairly safe. This of course does mean the use of many (funny) covert references as long as they keep mum about €ircom directly would be OK

Barring getting further legal advice thats the best I can do. Obviously the issue is quite complex but thats some advice in a nutshell:)

BTW, I see now theres a few t-shirts w/ both the errorcom & mouse logos on it. Maybe not so wise but its each and everyones own decision to run the risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

lads lads i also have to say that if my e-mail addy was sent that pic of mouse ( in high res ) and the pic of the errorcom ( in high res ) i would be very upset . also i wont be able to check my e-mail after 6pm sunday so i hop it dosent get sent befour that . as i would hate to have to fork out cash to get them printed off .

also anyone know a place iin cork that will print on a T shirt

togo_a@hotmail.com

or

e_vac@yahoo.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement