Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 'The Strutabout'

Options
  • 04-10-2001 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a poem called 'The Strutabout' (as far as I can remember)...

The only thing I came up with through web-searches was that it could be from Robert Munford's play The Candidates, in which there is aparently a charactor called The Strutabout.... can anyone back this up?

Heres some of what I know from the poem, I'm looking to retrieve the entire thing....

A Creature called the strutabout
    without a christian name
    A funny long legged Strutabout
    From Moutezula came.

Please help, if I could find this poem it would bring a smile to many a face in my family! (It's something my granddad used to quote, people have been searching for it for years since!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hyboy

After more than 20 years.... If you are still there, my mum used to recite this poem , though my recollection of it included the words ''a creature well known to fame'' . Sadly my mum died at the grand old age of 90 eight years ago. If only l had seen your post before that l could have asked her. So not much help but at least you didn't imagine it !

Advertisement