Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DV Capture Cards...

• 04-10-2001 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recomend a good DV Capture Card for around IR£400 - IR£500?

I was looking at a few websites, some of them mentioned a required 'Video Hard Drive'.... is that something I need to shell out for, or is it just a any-old HD which i decide to dedicate to my captured film (so long as its fast and big enough)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Ok I really am.............

Do you mean DVD or TV Capture Card?

If you can see this post and anything on your screen, then you have a video card.

If its a DVD you want to get, you dont get a card.

You DownLoad a small program off the net for free (its call a Ripper) do a search for "DVD Ripper"

*Note* this is only to back up a DVD that you already own. NOT to make copys of DVD films

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

er... yes, you are lost ;)

...what I want is a DV (Digital Video) Capture Card to capture video from my Digital Video Camera.... just looking for some word-of-mouth on the ones curently on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Have you tryed Matrox cards? you can find them almost anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Goodshape, probably THE best place on the net for this is www.vcdhelp.com , the site has a forum too for when you get started...strongly recommend having a look.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement