Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dsl Trial Person

Options
  • 05-10-2001 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

well im having a bad day........my trail is finished and im back on dial up. Its like going back in time to the dark days of push button A and then B to make the phone call. I run a small online multimedia business and it actually helped on numerous fronts. File uploads..real time email replies to customers...increase in communication with customers and yes increase in sales and services. I`m now back to square one lost in the doldrums of engaged tones and ......my god its SSSssssllllooooooowww. I reckon we should set up a paramilitary group...eh continuity irelandoffline.......who would we kill??????? :):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by mick
    and yes increase in sales and services. I`m now back to square one lost in the doldrums of engaged tones

if the government 'really' knew how important the internet is to businesses and growth of the country, we would all have dsl now :( !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If I might be so bold as to speak for the IrelandOffline committee, we all appreciate your loss, and we hope your companion has gone to a better place, and that you'll be able to get on with your life after a respectful period of mourning. We also hope that those responsible will be brought to justice for this wicked atrocity, and punished with the full weight of the law.

Please bow your heads in respect.

:)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

or you could have of course signed up for the deal and continued to pay nothing for the forseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mick

Well all I can say is........I wish I never signed up to the trial. Its like going back in time before there was no television. I know this sounds stupid but for anybody out there who hasn't experienced DSL its like a different perspective on the internet....as a matter of fact you haven't experienced what the internet really is until you've tried it. The trail is like someone giving you a hard drug for a couple of weeks and then its taken away....problem is there's no dealers out there to reconnect you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

like someone giving you a hard drug for a couple of weeks and then its taken away....problem is there's no dealers out there to reconnect you again.
    Eircom wants to be the only dealer and thereby control the price. People should support the ODTR in their attempt to allow competition into the market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Although I applied for the trial and was dissapointed not getting on it....

I'm almost glad now because I'd reckon the withdrawl symptons are desparate- akin to the "SNL Boot"

My thoughts and prayers are with you all ex-triallists :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

mick, I feel your pain. I'm still suffering from withdrawal symptoms after returning from Germany. Ahhh, I want my 768kbps& £^$*& £ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Mick, what are you talking about? I too feel exactly the same way. Theres no way i could go back to 56k now, thats why i signed up to the solo deal when the trial was ending. What do you mean theres no dealers? Eircom sent you an email asking if you wanted to continue with it.
    Its there if you want it, albeit at a ridiculous price.

Well all I can say is........I wish I never signed up to the trial. Its like going back in time before there was no television. I know this sounds stupid but for anybody out there who hasn't experienced DSL its like a different perspective on the internet....as a matter of fact you haven't experienced what the internet really is until you've tried it. The trail is like someone giving you a hard drug for a couple of weeks and then its taken away....problem is there's no dealers out there to reconnect you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Urban Weigl
    mick, I feel your pain. I'm still suffering from withdrawal symptoms after returning from Germany.

well, the fasted connection I've ever seen is a 128Kbps .... so I'm 'clean' ;)

Advertisement