Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

task managers

• 22-02-2000 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Can you get somthing that lets you manage tasks in win98 like you do in NT?, with the option to kill processes etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

try ctrl+alt+delete that will let you kill a process but will not tell you your cpu load ect...
    there are app to do that though

try

http://www.ocshoot.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you can try editing your msconfig
    start->run type in msconfig and edit stuff in the start up menu on the right hand side
    but this just allows you to stop loading stuff at atartup that isnt n the startup folder.
    apart from that, ctrl-alt-del is your only way to end tasks while the system is in use

You Can Now Control Horney
    But Use Him Wisely.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well I dunno' about the NT task manager, but I assume the one in Linux is pretty similar...
    Where you can "kill" just about everything, CTRL+ALT+DELETE will only get you so far.... if you want to unload modules, dll's and drivers you'll be seriously ****ed trying to do it there....
    I came across one for Win9x before, it kicked ass, it was a little freeware proggie called.... oh **** what was it called??!
    Aw ****! it's probably on one of my 500 cover CDs here, but I think it was something like routedll.exe

AAARGH, what the hell was it's name??
    That's going to keep me awake all night!
    Anyway, their is one, and it's out there somewhere!
    If I come across it I'll let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

oh yeah, know about ctrl + alt + del, god knows I use it enough smile.gif

thanks anyway, I'll look around for those proggies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Is it not your job that keeps you awake all night D{o}S

Ah well

bye for now
    Baz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is a program called WinTop. Can't remember where you pick it up, but it's about as close to a Task Manager I could find.

It displays hidden processes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Advertisement