Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hoping to make a mod

• 06-10-2001 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

does anyone know any links for the hl soure code and also a step and step to use the soure code..it be great if u do because i'm busy with the setup of galway-lan2.....:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

If your trying to get a HL MOD team together you can count me in.
    Other than that I dont know...
    If you want to get started go download the Half-Life SDK kit. I have it someplace cos I've been messing about with it, if you cant find a copy of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

its not going be THE next cs or tfc i'm just what to make a simple mod and what can i do with it. soz ivan i'm not going make a mod team just now i just what a go of c++ .

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Been planning on making a MOD myself, and was chosen to help someone create a sort of NAVY SEALS mod for halflife - I was basically constructing sea based maps and military installations.

I had nothing to do with custom coding etc, so I can't help you there - Best bet is to check all the half life webbies and do searches of Half life coding (Assuming it's halflife you want to do code for...)

Good luck with the mod making!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

i got the full sdk and the multiplayer sdk and there both mind
    bogling.The code dosen't make sence alot of the time and the only thing i've been able to do is change the ammo for half-life
    so.. if you want to enter a world of headaches be my guest :)

http://hlpp.valveworld.com/tutorial.htm
    http://www.planethalflife.com/mach3/tutorials/tutorial.html

Advertisement