Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torcinteractive.com opinions

Options
  • 06-10-2001 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

new site opened.
    gimme opinions and stuff.
    there's a techdemo to dl too.
    www.torcinteractive.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Brown Eyes

Its good. Just 2 small picky things -
    I don't like Enter Site font and "plans" on nav. bar should be in caps.

Why did you not go for frames? On a site like this it would have made perfect sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Opening page: Different font faces in the same sentence? It doesn't work.

The opening page is pretty unnecessary too...

On the main page: leave space around your text and the yellow borders. Text is difficult to read when it's pressed right up to something.

Brown Eyes,

Frames virtually never make sense. The only cause I can think of for using them is if you wanted to display other sites within your own.

Why do you think they would be perfect for this site?

-Ross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

The 'plans' is in lowercase because it's a standard UNIX thingy. Everyone has a .plan file that people can view, kind of like a public diary.

Nice looking site, bit dark for my likings but that's just my preference. I think to rollover on the left nav would be nice if it rotated or something.
    Nice use of animation, not overdone like usual

The only way I can see frames going into the site would be an IFRAME for the main content area. Unneccessary really though.

IFRAMEs only work with IE I thought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What's torc interactive?

There's no need for the flash stuff,
    it doesn't add to the site.

Oh, and woohoo 100th post.
    Yay! or something

- Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Brown Eyes

I know frames v no frames is a personal preference. But I HATE it when I click on a nav bar and the whole screen goes blank, even if it is for half a second.

I like viewing a website to be totally seamless.

Mea culpa re: the "plans" capitalization.

Advertisement