Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fans Wanted

Options
  • 06-10-2001 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello All you REVHEADS!

we are currently recruiting more fans, i know i know, all those stickers we gave away at wittness ended up on every bus and atm machine in the land, but we still need to spread the word!

if you like other TOP! bands such as Stereophonics, JJ72, Travis, Blink 182, Limp Bizkit and so on, you are bound to be one of or loyal fans very soon!!!

-The Revs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Ok i've lost all respect for you guys now. What a stupid fcuked up thing to post.

Relax man twas only a joke.
    Anyway when are you guys playing next? I havn't actually seen The Revs live so I wouldn't know either way.
    Sorry if I offended you or anything

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Saw the REVS play at the UCD fresher ball

and I have to say I was very very unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I've only seen the Revs live once and thought they were only okay. My brother saw them in UCD last week and thought they were crap. Apparently they played about 3 regular, Revs written songs, the rest of the set being pisstakes, ie "I am the singer, he's the guitarist la la la la la". All of this may seem like great old fun, but I reckon it's all old hat. It's been done before, and you're not likely to endear yourselves to the amount of people you obviously want to. Outside of Ireland especially.
    Why not concentrate the talents you so obviously have on writing some decent songs, as opposed to writing throwaway, bullcrap pisstakes. It may be fun, but it's never gonna go anywhere. And don't give me "Wired to the Moon went top 10". It did. Fair play to you. But unfortunately, the Revs have got 1-hit-wonder written all over them, unless they deviate from the "lets please the little kids" music they write at the moment. This isn't a dig, cos I reckon they've got the talent to do something great. Instead they're directing their talent into something, well, un-great!
    Sorry - you'd know I'm in bad auld form today, wouldn't ya!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Regardless of peoples opinions The Revs are in a great position and will inevitably get frustrated if they try to please everyone. Keep pluggin away at it lads, that's what I say, from one musician to a group of musicians I say your ****ed no matter what you do, people will criticise you no matter what you do......so its best to do "just what you want to do" cause in the end if you try and please everyone you'll just get pissed off trying to defend yourselves all the time.......

take the criticism on board, don't react re: F Bradys post "lost respect blah blah blah"

thank people who compliment ya and get on with it, like I said the Revs are in a top position, the envy of many bands, make the most of it and don't waste time by letting the begrudgers annoy the hell outta ya!!

raaaaaawwwwwkwkwkwkk on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

yes,but trev,openly stating:"we are recruiting new fans...to our glorious new regime....all hail...gott in himmel..."
    =etc,"recruit" fans with your music...if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Yeah kinda cheeky alright Gar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭twoheadedcow

Trev = The Next Oprah, so diplomatic and full of reason..

kidding.

btw.. 98fm are hailing the Revs as the greatest thing since sliced bread according to some little 5 minute thing i caught in a canteen today, 'they are following in the steps of JJ72' - i wont argue with that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

My "fcuked up thing to post" post was ment for the REVS, not any other band. I've nothin to do with the Revs. I am a fan, but thought that it was a stupid thing to post looking for fans.

• Advertisement

**** man I totally got my wires crossed. I thought you took offence and lost respect for Otranome.!!!!!
    I do mean what I said though. I havn't had the chance to see The Revs yet so I can't really judge, but it was a silly thing to post really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

i too am only going on hearsay but at the moment,i wouldnt go see you guys,cos of that recruitment day out in tallaght my band is having at the same time as your next gig,
    but i still admit i have hummed wied to the moon many times.

why would you acccept the jj72 analogy?
    i KNOW you didnt make it but why do you agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 berny

all i want to know is; whats the church's line on all this?
    eh?

the revs is it?

protestant are they?

avaunt!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and now, the angelus.
    :mad:

Advertisement