Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dfx strikes back!

• 06-10-2001 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

I saw an article on megagames recently about a new graphics card developer called 3d Power with 90% of its employees from 3dfx. The company was formed sectretly without the the knowledge of nVidia. They are going to continue working on the RamPage chip which was the last chip in development by 3dfx before nVidia took over.

It sounds good as there is another company for Ati, Videologic and nVidia to compete with.

http://www.3dpower.com/start.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

methinks megagames is bull****ting, the 3dpower site is full of nVidia stuff.

sorry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Megagames was always and will* always be a dump.
    The crack are nice though :)

* Hopefully it'll be gone soon

yeah i only really use them for the cracks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

No 3dpower aint bull****, they are made from 90% of 3dFX staff but all 3dFX products that we in production during the Takeover can only be used in Company (Private sector) based machines or summin like that, and as its going ATI will be on top after next month, 3dpower wouldnt have the resources to compete wiv them or N-Vidia or them other fella's who make that ppantzy 4500 card :P

hercules you mean?

only one of the biggest pc hardware manufacturers in the world? the ones who make the uber cheap yet gf2 beating 4500?

oh sorry must be a different company never heard of a chip called the pantzy before :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Yo Doodee.

Thanks for that flash of insight into the ways of the graphics card market. That made me realise how little I knew.

Perhaps you could elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I know alot bout the Graffix card market atm, not as much as sum but more than others

Advertisement