Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

15 Minutes

• 07-10-2001 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

I never heard of a cinema release for this, but it's actually a pretty sweet movie. Sort of like a cross between Seven and Lethal Weapon, and has definitely some sick producer with the "sense of humour" it has.

Not at all as generic action as I thought it would (I want generic action sometimes!). There's a good element of just madness and insanity in it.

Some bits you'll have seen before, but worth watching if only to wonder just how mad the director is (there's a big difference between some "happy" scenes and some of the more ...gruesome scenes.).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Got a pretty limited release in Ireland alright-

I saw it in the IMC in Dun Laoighre- I think it was in the UGC as well.
    Its directed by Edward Burns, of The Brothers McMullen- he played Finbar in it as well.

Re: 15 mins- I didn't think much of it myself- The ending was off the wall- down @ the river- and your man still video taping everything!! I like Bob DeNiro- but he just wasn't himself- I thought some of the fire secenes as well were just a ripoff of BackDraft. Ed Burns is talented though- but this wasn't his best work anyway:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

As far as I know 15 Minutes got a full release in Ireland, I saw it in UGC, Parnell Street and I'm certain I saw it in a listing for UCI Tallaght. It left the cinemas very quickly though, because quite honestly, it was terrible.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

natural born killers.

except, that it wanted to have its cake and eat it. "hey, let's make a movie that slags the media for being voyeuristic!" "yeah, and hey, let's be voyeuristic too!"

and they say americans don't get irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It got really bad reviews so i did'nt go see it. was on release in ennis though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

Well I was looking for a decent blow-things-up type movie, whish it suits perfectly. If I want great plot and character development I'll read a book...lol!

• Advertisement
Advertisement