Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British Weather Reports

• 07-10-2001 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I'm not a huge weatherphile myself, but I notice that these arogant so and so's take perverse pleasure in not mentioning the South of Ireland ever.

That old pasty bástard on BBC1 has never mentioned the Republic any time I've ever watched him.

Ex: If there was a massive cloud storm over the Republic and the rest of Britain was in sun, he wouldn't mention that Ireland is experiencing bad weather or anything, instead he'd say something like 'England will experience a cloud storm tomorrow as it moves in' or some such. I mean come on, either show the country and talk about it or seeing as though the channel has no intention of discussing our weather situation, I think they should remove us from the map.

Same with that generic presenter on ITV who seems to do every program from School Around The Corner to the weather shows and then some talk shows.

One note though, the new Irish SkyNews weathergirl 0wns me :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Max Power01

Why the Hell should they?. Does RTE do the Welsh weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by Fidelis
    One note though, the new Irish SkyNews weathergirl 0wns me :D

i dont care if it's raining badgers as long as she announces it. isnt she from ireland? wan you sexy weather type of person!

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by Max Power
    Does RTE do the Welsh weather?

Eh, hello ? My point is that ireland is shown on the BBC weather maps and is not mentioned, Wales is not shown on the weather map by RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

I think what he means is the republic isnt covered by the state
    UK state brodcaster. Same as wales isnt covered by the irish state brodcaster{ well usually :) }The fag end of france makes it on to the irish weather screen sometimes but that doesnt mean charlie bird covers the nudist beaches in the bay of biscay.
    My point is that ireland is shown on the BBC weather maps and is not mentioned
    but thats a good thing cause if it was it would make more clowns in england think the republic is part of "GREAT Britain".
    To just show the UK They would have to cut off the republic which might seem like denying its right to exist.
    about sky news weather. Yes the weather girl is irish and yes i would
    but some of the news presenters (sky have some presenters that are so far up britains arse yes they are british but their lauding of britain comes at the expense of deminising the achievements of others, they are say something like here is the Irish weather and the rest of britain.
    Get it? Ireland isnt north or south part of britain. Britain is used by so many to mean the uk but if britain was the uk why was the Term United Kingdom created? hence the act of union between ireland and britain in the 1800s :)
    but I notice that these arogant so and so's take perverse pleasure in not mentioning the South of Ireland ever.
    your right they are arrogant but i notice they do sometimes mention ireland (i take that to include the republic) as part of britain. And hence i hear the british isles Grr. The british lions etc..
    I went to wales during the summer and a welsh woman in a shop says to us "are you irish?" "im so fed up of english people with their kids comin in saying "Wots dat? Wots Dat Den?" and so fourth.
    So theres the stupid ones who think that its ok to think of the irish as british especially because of northern ireland.
    then theres the nasty ones
    example: during a visit too bunratty one of our {originally norman built castles :) } i hear this foole say "look at that the british built all that and the irish bastards took it off them. and look at the post boxs they were all red but they just painted them green." In other words if the great civilising brits hadnt come we would all be molesting pigs in mud huts.

What im sayin is you say they dont mention the south and there definately are a lot of them but i always seem to think so often some do but they think the south isnt indepentant. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Holland is shown on the BBC weather maps as well and they never mention it either. I don't think the Dutch are too upset...

• Advertisement

Actually -they're not supposed to forecast for the 26 counties(even though its 32-but then john Taylor claims theres a differen rock structure under the six counties in one of his books-ever heard such complete buttocks??)
    When extreme things happen like 4 inches of rain in a hour BBC forecasters do and will say it happened in Valentia or wherever. I have seen them put towns like Galway,Waterford and Cork etc on their maps!
    Ten years or more ago they didn't even have symbols on this part of the Island.
    Of Course the BBC NI weather forecasters always do the whole island.
    And speaking of WALES-,like Northern Ireland and TV3, BBC Wales do requests during their forecasts and regularly do them for people on the East Coast of Ireland!
    mm

Actually, maxpower RTE do indeed do forecasts sometimes for Wales and the rest of Britain-but only about as often as the BBC do ours
    I have a weatherstation at my home and record rainfall etc for Met Eireann-so I guess, I am a bit of a weather friek with a small f.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by pertinax
    we would all be molesting pigs in mud huts

LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,497 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

That gorgeous lass on sky, anyone know where she is from? Cork is my quess.
    She does mention Ireland every second sentance..phoaaar is all i can say :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 m|nty

What a sad, sad observation - just any old excuse to start bitching about England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭djmagra

OK folks, can we have a name for the weathergirl please!?!?!?!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement