Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinProxy

• 20-02-2000 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Anybody know if it's possible to play Q3A through WinProxy?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

/me stares at Karla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Uh....
    I guess I should have said:
    on the internet over a LAN using WinProxy for the connection.

that make more sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Straight off, I doubt it. Since Q3A isn't 'proxy-aware'. I think it only deals with direct connections.
    You could try the Microsoft Proxy Client. It works wonders for all sorts of software through a firewall/router service.....
    Either way your latency will be pretty bad.
    [url="HTTP://WWW.Bozzin.Com/KBT"]Christian Chocolate Fun[/url]

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 21-02-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Creed lad u havent a ****in clue. Its best then to not say anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

winproxy is mainly a HTTP proxy
    so to answer your question, no, q3a wont play over a http proxy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

cant you get somthing like qizmo or cheapo for q3a?

..or am I just talking sh1te aswell smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Is it possible to use port mapping to sort out some sort of proxy ?

And overlord, maybe if you said why he is talking crap ( your words ) it would be a wee bit more useful ?? no ??

Gavin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Wheres your supporting evidence your counter arguement you know the ones that make the people who ask the questions more confused than before they asked hmmmm, I suspect Overlord actually knows stuff and won't tell for fear of the fact that inconsistent information leads to more murders a year than do gang related ones.

Oh no they're coming to take me away

bye for now
    Baz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hmm..Yup...Nobody's an expert. the best you get on any forum is an informed oppinion. 'Tis why I didn't say anything I typed was concrete. Just an oppinion. One which, by the looks of it was at least kinda correct. If I think I have at least an idea on a topic I'll reply, but not state something as fact.
    And the pxoy client has helped with a lot of stuff here through the firewall (Chat progs, CDDB etc. - One of the guys tried it for Quake and got a server reply, it was just a crap connection).

Oh dear, starting off again...... So, Overlord put me out of my ignorant misery and prove yourself the source of all wonderous enlightenment you must be.... wink.gif

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 23-02-2000).]

Yeah confuse us all with your baffling array of contradictions overlord

bye for now
    Baz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

lads i was talking ****e as usual. pay no attention

ah damn!!!

bye for now
    Baz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

q3a WILL obviously work over a machine with ip forwarding enabled, like a gateway/router

definitely not over a http proxy though, although the server browser might..
    if you're running win98se then your best option is probably to use "internet connection sharing", if youre running NT then you need to either wait till someone releases a q3 proxy or run some form of ip forwarding service on your nt machine(not a http proxy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

well, am having probs getting q3a running over ms proxyserver. it pings, connects etc but for some reason the sending of packets from the client to the server occurs in short bursts, rather than a constant stream, client receives data from the q3a server no probs, v strange.

the nitro proxy can be used as a forwarding proxy if thats all u want. i seem to have the same issues with it tho, most annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Spooky

i think nitro or nitro 2 forwards any type of network (game) data, webby is http://nitro.splatterworld.de/ if you wanna look. (this does the same thing cheapo / qizmo packet forwarding does)

sos if this has allready been posted can't be arsed to read past more then 3 messages.

:P

spoo

Advertisement