Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limiting connect speeds

• 26-02-2000 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I'm connecting at 50,666bps, tis great for downloadin etc, but it is giving me loads of lag playin quake. I found a page for limited 3com/usr v.90 modem connect speeds, so i put into to my init string, to connect at 44,000-48,000 but it still connects at 50,666bps, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Maybe you need to lower the maximum rate in your modem properties. (that is if your a win9x user)?

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 26-02-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

That works if i want to set my connect to 33,600, but not if i want to connect at 48,000,any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what line did you put into your extra settings box?
    afaik there is a standard script for most modems..cant remember off hand what its called..starts with an h smile.gif
    but it'll let you limit your speed.
    actually, i could possibly do with limiing my speed to about 42,000 so if anyone could be arsed to go find out id appreciate it too smile.gif

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

&U29&N32

This init string is for a 3com/usr modem, so it's different from other ones, they have to be awkward smile.gif, That string should limit the connect bewteen 44,000 - 48,000 bps, but doesn't work i'm still connect at 50,666bps which floods the modem when playing games over the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

• Advertisement

I've been there canaboid, thats where i got the init string but it doesn't work frown.gif

Advertisement