Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone Give Me Grinds In Leaving Cert Geography!!!!!

Options
  • 08-10-2001 7:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Pleeeessssseee!!!!

there must be at least 1 gepgraphy genius out there surely??? im doing higher level and at the moment id say im gonna get a C, but the thing is i NEED an A, but the geography teacher is a hopeless ****wit, and im not gonna get an A with the ****er in charge. Ill pay the going rate for grinds, whatever that may be.

SOO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you were in my position and i was a geography whizzkid, id help you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Geography is a piece of piss they hand out As just read the book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

What school are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Satans Gaping Anus aka St.Vincents, Glasnevin (opposite the cemetary)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

IF your really stuck, I got an A in the LC 4 years ago-

Whats the problem??-
    The exam itself is more about exam strategy than any great ability to understand the subject as a whole- AFAIR- the course is easily broken down into questions that are fairly predictable- Let me know!

& most importantly dont panic-

Theres plenty of time to master the subject between now and June- if you start to wittle away @ the basics now!

Post a few a areas & I might be able to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

I have an idea buddy. Instead of playing telly bingo for half an hour on a Friday why dont you study Geography instead. Then by the time the leaving cert comes around you should have an extra 80 hours or so extra Geog study done.
    Sorted.
    And you dont have to watch a tranvestite for that period of time aswell hence enhancing your sanity also. Well whats left of it...
    Anyway give me a ring man, I havn't heard from ya in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tallenda

Eye Liner Boy,

I did Geography in the Leaving in '97, I didn't do thru school but on saturday morning in the Institute on Leeson St., It cost about £250 from Christmas to Summer, and I think that time is enough because the teacher, Prof Carberry is brilliant.

He had a very suspicous knack of guessing exactly what was coming up on the leaving cert, and I got an A1 because of this. If ye don't do this, get his field study off one of his daytime students. ALso he used to preach that you should 'Name, describe, explain and give an example' of everything you did. It is a really straightforward paper, and make sure ye get the past papers, there is usually a pattern over the years, ie rivers in 94, 96, 98, 2000...

best of luck

tallenda:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

the only geography you need know is that the longstone is on townsend st, whealons is on wexford st and dorans is in temple bar.
    thats all i knew in school and now they let me sweep the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 berny

i did it last year and got me an A1
    its piss easy, and if you want really good notes, drop me a mail and ill post them to you

boredchicken@bolt.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deirdre

Jim Carberry is the only man. Enroll in some Christmas revision in the Institute and pick up the notes etc. I know they cost hell but seriously he got me my only honour plainly by the way he teaches (and know what's coming up in the exam!)

Although I went to the Institute its not a "wonder" solution- You still have to remeber all the good stuff you'll hear there.
    What I'm implying is dont put geography on the back burner because you think you have a few refreshers in the Intstitute up your sleave!!
    Jim Carberry is good- [Does he still write the sylabus book??] but a bit of initiative should go hand in hand. As stated previously- its not a tough subject- its just about memorising alot of (relatively) useless information!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

If this is the same Carberry who teaches at Brunswick St ( and I know for a fact he teaches in another place, dunno where though, may be Leeson St. and he's written a book on geography?), I'm sorry but he's useless.

He comes into the class, gives out his "wondrous"'ly useless notes and fscks off again.

Hardly great teaching. Unless he saves all the good stuff for Leeson St. or something :\

Edit: Berny, emailed you, any notes would be better than Carberry's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deirdre

I know he teaches in another Dublin school - - - - if he has weird scary eyes it's him.
    No I know that it actually is him. Possibly he does keep it all for the Institute, cause he was one of the best teachers I ever had. As for his notes I know there's too much in them but it's a matter of weeding out the most important stuff and basically learning it off by heart. That's what I did. And learnt it in four hours too.
    (OK, confession - my friend went through Carberry's notes and took out the best stuff, then gave them to me. Some ten pages of notes and I got an honour....)

Its amazing how we're all having an OT discussion for 5 days now and eyeliner boy hasn't bothered his árse to reply!!

Must have got himself sorted or just raided the examination centre in Athlone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rev. Jonny Fabulous

You want grinds?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sweet16yiskah

hi! sorry to drop by like this but can i also ask for your notes as well... please or can u give me a number whom can give me a grinds in geography...!!! pleasse please i really need some help for my geography...!!!!! PleASe....
    berny wrote: »
    i did it last year and got me an A1
    its piss easy, and if you want really good notes, drop me a mail and ill post them to you

boredchicken@bolt.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sweet16yiskah

tallenda wrote: »
    Eye Liner Boy,

I did Geography in the Leaving in '97, I didn't do thru school but on saturday morning in the Institute on Leeson St., It cost about £250 from Christmas to Summer, and I think that time is enough because the teacher, Prof Carberry is brilliant.

He had a very suspicous knack of guessing exactly what was coming up on the leaving cert, and I got an A1 because of this. If ye don't do this, get his field study off one of his daytime students. ALso he used to preach that you should 'Name, describe, explain and give an example' of everything you did. It is a really straightforward paper, and make sure ye get the past papers, there is usually a pattern over the years, ie rivers in 94, 96, 98, 2000...

best of luck

tallenda:D
    can you please tell me the number of the grind school (leeson st.) Thank you so much...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 baby love

You've all scared him off!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

7years later looking for notes, good luck with that!

Advertisement