Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reg on UK Broadband

Options
  • 08-10-2001 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

According to the reg, a report published on Broadband shows that the UK is way behind the rest of Europe in Broadband and is one of the most expensive places for broadband in Europe.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/22079.html

And we would love to have what the UK have. It just shows how pathetic the situation in Ireland is.

We really are been left behind in the slow lane. :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The research found that Britain is lagging in ninth place, ahead of Italy and Ireland in an international league table of countries.

Depressing eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orcus

I have been just looking at the UK Governments site http://www.e-envoy.gov.uk/ and the report.
    While UK broadband isn't the best in Europe, it seems the UK government do have a clear vision of the future of broadband in the UK and of how to get it and seem to be actively trying to achieve that goal.

Why doesn't the Irish government have a similar vision for the 'e-hub of Europe'. It seems to me that Ireland is at least two years behind the UK (again considered one of the worst in Europe), I'm increasingly thinking that this whole mess is going to have a serious effect on the broader Irish economy.

The Irish government really need to pull their act together, develop a plan for the
    future of Ireland, create an E-ministry type thingy with a minister for Ecommerce, start kicking Eircoms ass and start supporting alternative access methods such as Irishwan.org.

Advertisement