Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do people hope to gain from ADSL

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

Originally posted by Chaos-Engine
    P R O G R E S S

With current internet connection methods and payment schemes going online is like running a program under a commadore 64... Start it now come back in an hour...
    but without ADSL its more like teh next day :(

Cool idea.....it would be awesome if when dialling up to the ISP you got those lines all around the edge of the screen. You get the screeching as it is.............

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

Originally posted by Dustaz

No and no matter how many times you sat it , it wont make it any more correct.

"We at Esat Fusion have been conducting an operational trial of ADSL
    technology since July to test ADSL from its installation through to its
    every day usage. "

Just to make it entirely clear, Esat are trialling both ADSL and SDSL. They are trialling an ADSL service in Dublin on Eircom's ADSL network, while at the same time starting to set up their own SDSL service in various towns and cities outside Dublin (some part funded by the NDP), which will presumably be aimed at high end SMEs and business users as leased line replacements.
    It is also quite possible that the SDSL equipment above is also capable of providing ADSL service, however this is not what they are referring to in the email sent today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

Dustaz, this just goes to show how ignorant you are of the facts,

I said Esat wont use llu for adsl, you said they are trialling dsl allready. as if to cliam they were using llu for adsl, i informed you that they were using llu for sdsl not adsl, and now you come back with this riduclus comment, with only proves you havent a clue what your talking about.

Bitstream will be used for adsl, i never denied that it would, just that llu wont be used for adsl. again i ask cant you read?

bitstream would be a far cheaper option to llu for home users, of which adsl is a home user product.

as hubson has said, the email sent around today, has sweet fa to do with my comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i can read perfectly:
    and esat arn't trialing ADSL they are trialing SDSL which is what i said allready.

they might be trialling sdsl, (i have no idea if they are or not, but ill go with what hudson says) but they are also trialling adsl and always have been. LLU, bitstream is irrelevant. Just pointing that out to you gladiator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

First off, I said they are not trialing ADSL on llu, which they aren't, far to expensive for ADSL. you then came back at me with the comments that they are trialing ADSL in Dublin, yes on bitstream.
    the thing you keep quoting from me, is in addition to my first reply, and its obvious in what context it was meant
    Ps Gladiator, i thought that was sacm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Stop talking ****e P R O F A N I T Y, another decent tread, distroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Cool your jets, "P R O F A N I T Y".

/me now has the "power" to ban people from this forum.

Itchy trigger finger ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

do you think he does it deliberatly ,
    you know, somebody says something and then he disagrees just for the sake of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dustaz or P R O F A N I T Y P R O F A N I T Y personally i think your both a pair of plebs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement