Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generic Windows drivers

• 08-10-2001 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

I have an old Win98 PC that I want to try to get working for my sister - it has a video card of unknown make in it, looking at the card, check the System profile etc. gives no clue of the maker, the standard 640 x 480 16 colour Windows driver is installed.

Is there a generic Windows driver I can get or download to get 800 x 600 and 16 or 24bit colour as I have no idea who's card this is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Try opening up the computer and looking at the chips on the card it might give you some indication whos its by
    it's probably an intel 810e or similar with ati rage (probably)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

At the C:\> type debug

then type this:
    -d c000:0040 hit enter. On the right hand side of all the hex rubbish you should see make/model of vid card.

Q to quit debugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Cheers :)

Advertisement