Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customising systems?

• 29-02-2000 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

how do the two main manufacturers (gateway and dell) compare as far as getting EXACTLY the spec you want goes, vs ordering it part by part?

say you want to order a pc without a monitor?, or keyboard, or mouse?, do they let you do this? smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Hec, ring PC Peripherals in Stilorgan. They have extremely reasonable prices and you can specify exactly what you want. I've bought two pcs from there incl. my current one and I've never had a problem with it.

What does this do ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, I've found them to be quite reasonable too.
    If you want them to put your old harddrive into your new machine and stuff like that, they're sound about that stuff.

And yip' they won't try to stuff you with some crappy keyboard, they'll build what you ask for.
    I don't know if they'll order stuff for you though (TinCool?), but it's not too hard to fit a G-Force yourself smile.gif.

http://www.pcp.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm not sure if they do when building systems but a mate of mine ordered a pace modem through them when they didn't have any in stock so I guess anything is possible. Don't go by their website though as by the looks of things they haven't updated it in months.

What does this do ??

Advertisement