Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gay in dublin?

• 08-10-2001 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

hi.....just posted an add on the main one sorry if that annoys the mods here, but i dont understand why there are no gay pages? im sure there are alot of gay guys/girls on these boards?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

other post is here

--

no demand, basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

There are no boards based, on race, colour or creed, dont see why sexuality should be any different.

If you have a well though out post on any of the above that is respectful of others, why not try humanities?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

I would like a board for heterosexuals to talk about heterosexual stuff.

Hey look at me im heterosexual :rolleyes:

Catch my drift ?

p.s. Any chance of a board regarding the discussion of pizza toppings, oh no WAIT thats a thread innit. Silly me (/me spanks self)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Renton
    I would like a board for heterosexuals to talk about heterosexual stuff.

Hey look at me im heterosexual :rolleyes:

Really??? Me too!!! I'm heterosexual too!

Let's have a march and proclaim our heterosexuality to the world! Let's disrupt the traffic and ... Oh wait, we've been there before...

*cough*... /me shuts it...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've replied in the other thread (saw it before this one).

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by Renton
    p.s. Any chance of a board regarding the discussion of pizza toppings, oh no WAIT thats a thread innit. Silly me (/me spanks self)

Why not a spank fetish thread, seems the way to go :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

No need to patronise the guy for being new to the boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by OSiriS
    No need to patronise the guy for being new to the boards

I'm not patronising him, I'm slagging renton for patronising him, I think why not, there is a whole section devoted to the frames! So a bit of demand and voilah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

well thanks for your support guys...guess some people still havnt made it out of ireland yet and act seen things..

but to the guys that act understand different ideals, thanks no doubt i wont c you in those games sections, but i might make an appearence in "after hours", and guys, i dont bite, im gay, i play football, i drink miller, i wear normal cloths...i might have even spoken to alot of yous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

or have some invisible disease such as "cudies" or anything. But what you have to understand is that people are constantly reminded of how anti-social being racist/sexist/homophobic is and so they go out of their way to be the opposite of these. But in the end people do exactly what racist/sexist/homophobic people do, they treat you differently.

I dont care if your gay, orange or a monkey, if you talk like a troll I'll treat you like a troll. You dont seem to be a troll but who knows...

My opinion :- If you wanted to be treated as normal
    i dont bite, im gay, i play football, i drink miller, i wear normal cloths...i might have even spoken to alot of yous?
    then dont expect to be treated any differently i.e. a gay board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Sorry if I offended you lazer,

its just that I felt the need to take the piss out of the fact that someone would want a "Gay Forum" to discuss "gay related matters" as I saw no point whatsoever.

You dont get white people coming along and asking for "White peoples forums", or black for that matter

You dont get people asking for a seperate forum for racial or sexually orinatated issues.

Here at boards.ie, I for one, and many others are not racists, nor are we biggists (sp.?)

Simply because you have a different sexual oriantation does not forbid you the right to post into different threads.

Anyway, sorry if I might have offended you, just speaking my oppinion.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

lazer, there you have it, basically everyone with an opinion on this seems to be saying you're welcome here, but why ask for for a board that singles you out when there is no need?

Most boards readers are reasonably intelligent (with the exception of the cs posters....JK!!!!) and would respect your opinions as they do of many others with opinions that are not the so called "norm".

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

ok guys. seems like everything has settled,i may have caused a stirr mong the boards, maybe some people feel like it wont be the same again, but as people in the last post said, i dont need any special treatment etc.. i only now relaise the purpose of the boards, where as before i thought it was for other reasons. and renton, thanks for your appologie, i had worse things said to me, as u can prob imagine.

anywho, i gotta get back to class. im studying engineering in UCD

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh god thats not a stir... thats hardly a tremour heheh
    When Castor Troy and Amp wade in with the pictures... *thats* a stir.

I guess its almost a case of ... if you have to fight all your life, sometimes you dont know to stop fighting when you've won... I think thats an idea the gay community is going to have to face soon. Certainly a lot of minorities will (hopefully!)

Welcome to boards, hope you have fun here.
    (but thats really unfortunate avatar man...:) )

DeV.

thanks for the welcome devore, and for my little aviator?well.... i guess it might get a few guys interested? LOL :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by lazer
    i drink miller,
    well that explains it all really.
    im not to fond of these forums, as they would make boards.ie a target for aload of ****e, a political crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Originally posted by lazer
    thanks for the welcome devore, and for my little aviator?well.... i guess it might get a few guys interested? LOL :eek:
    I had that avatar a while back... they spent a whole topic discussing it :D

Advertisement