Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of academic interest ?

Options
  • 08-10-2001 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

This may not be of interest to many, and is in fact probably widely known already, but having been the subject of Esat's 'Anger' and kicked off the internet I decided to join Spirit. I changed mobiles to Eircell, and changed my landlines and internet back to the 'unloved' Eircom. I was so angry with Esat that I refused to put another penny into their 'coffers'. I then saw the Spirit telephone charges, and thought they were so good, I just had to take up the opportunity, so I signed up. All went very well for a time, and my phone bills (two) were very inexpensive. Then recently when my Spirit bill arrived what did I find, but the hated Esat Logo spread across the page. !! I was somewhat staggered, and angry as well to put it mildly. When I telephoned Spirit I found I could no longer talk to them as apparantly Esat had purchased the Spirit "customer base".. !!! So having signed up with Spirit, to avoid Eircom and Esat, I found myself back in the clutches of Esat once more. !! "angryuser" is now "veryangryuser".. !!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You've my sympathy angryuser - I had the same situation in the last company I worked for. Many deliberations and meetings with Esat and IOL reps were followed by a decision to go with IOL for Net access over Esat. Six months later we were with Esat anyway. What can you do, eh?

Advertisement