Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Bill arrived. One more kick in the nuts by Eircon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

hahah, this is a tad pathetic, but I was just monitoring how much I used the net, so I could balance out one day with an other. but I counted up all the minutes I used the net + got the bill.
    naturally, with esatclear, even though I got dissconnected alot at about 7 - 11pm but after about 12.30 it was fine, and thats usualy when I went on most cause of time difference between people I knew.
    anyway4.00 hours, sun 1st july
    1.15 hours, mon 2nd july
    4.00 hours, thu 5th july
    1.10 hours, fri 6th july
    4.30 hours, sun 8th july
    5.00 hours, mon 9th july
    4.40 hours, tue 10th july
    2.55 hours, wed 11th july
    5.30 hours, thu 12th july
    0.30 hours, fri 13th july
    5.10 hours, sun 15th july
    5.20 hours, mon 16th july
    6.40 hours, tue 17th july
    4.30 hours, wed 18th july
    5.00 hours, thu 19th july
    6.00 hours, fri 20th july
    5.30 hours, sat 21st july
    1.05 hours, sun 22nd july
    3.00 hours, mon 23rd july
    3.15 hours, tue 24th july
    3.05 hours, wed 25th july
    3.00 hours, thu 26th july
    4.00 hours, fri 27th july
    7.05 hours, sun 29th july
    4.50 hours, mon 30th july
    5.55 hours, tue 31st july
    5.35 hours, thu 2nd august
    6.35 hours, fri 3rd august
    6.55 hours, sat 4th august
    2.50 hours, sun 5th august
    3.50 hours, mon 6th august
    4.35 hours, tue 7th august
    5.50 hours, wed 8th august
    7.00 hours, thu 9th august
    0.05 hours, fro 10th august
    1.45 hours, sun 12th august
    7.10 hours, mon 13th august
    2.20 hours, tue 14th august
    8.00 hours, wed 15th august
    2.55 hours, thu 16th august
    7.05 hours, fri 17th august
    1.35 hours, sat 18th august
    6.30 hours, mon 20th august
    6.55 hours, tue 21st august
    4.40 hours, wed 22nd august
    6.50 hours, thu 23rd august

that was after I got d/c from esat
    I was using oceanfree with an eircon line
    cost me just over £100 for that
    ****ing hell I hate those ****s
    My mother got so pissed she cut me down to every few days for 30 mins
    :'(
    dont cry for me
    I'm already dead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Originally posted by Fergus2
    Well I must say this thread is the best argument yet for eircom to not introduce DSL or FRIACO.

And when you consider that BT offer 24x7 access for around 10 quid, you begin to realise the absolute and utter pillage of Irish users by Eircrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

God, I use about £20 a month and I thought I was really bad. Then again I am 14 and don't have a job. £20 is like 90% of my income...............dam Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Originally posted by hmmm

And when you consider that BT offer 24x7 access for around 10 quid, you begin to realise the absolute and utter pillage of Irish users by Eircrap.

Dont forget that BT only offer that now ONLY because of the competition in the British market place. Until that happened they where much like Eircom are now, and who can really blame them when it was so easy for them to get away with it. Hopefully the competition from cable and satalite as well as the other telcos will force eircom to become the customer friendly company with rock bottom prices that BT was forced to become. Then again who can hold their breath that long.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

My Da has allowed for £80 on the bill for internet (educational purposes), ;) . But still, no way should any1 pay that for 2 hours of internet a day. Ireland still, in the 21'st century seems to be "the land that time forgot", and it's mostly because of Eircon...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Originally posted by Kristok
    Dont forget that BT only offer that now ONLY because of the competition in the British market place.

Actualy, FRIACO was imposed on them by the UK regulator. Don't hold your breath waiting for the ODTR to impose anything similar, as far as she's concerned her involvement is finished (yes of course we don't have flat rate and it's not going to happen under the current conditions - the ODTR live on their own little moon orbiting pluto as we well know)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

About £100 a month on intenet in a half dozen different cafes.
    About £30 a month on my mobile (Esat Speakeasy) including business calls (the trick is to use a different service provider during the day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Originally posted by hmmm

Actualy, FRIACO was imposed on them by the UK regulator

True but FRIACO was only even imposed by the regulator because AOL persued the matter (I believe in the courts). Pitty they are not one of the big ISP's in Ireland cause I wouldent expect Esat to bother because they seem content blaming Eircom on everything. Its a case of point the finger at each other and pull in the silly amounts of profit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

got bill today..

£130 per month for isdn home net access :mad:

amazing thing is that so-called isdn bonus actually gave me an unexpected discount of £12...(i refuse to refer to isdn as hi-speed) :)

so whoever still don't know about that bonus thing...sign up for up now !!

95.5% of the call charges are for internet.

+ £24 /mnth for eircom.net ISP subscription :mad:
    /me can't feckin wait for competition....

To EircoN, as u read these boards, y the hell should anyone pay FIVE times for adsl here than in UK ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

our last isdn only bill was over £500.00/month

the good news? at this very moment a Chorus worker is sticking an antennae on our roof and I am looking forward to the phone call to tell EIRCON to go stick their isdn up their fat hole...

...they will probably ring back a month later asking why we choose to leave their service....(they did this when i did same for my home)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I am looking forward to the phone call to tell EIRCON to go stick their isdn up their fat hole...

You go girl...

...they will probably ring back a month later asking why we choose to leave their service....(they did this when i did same for my home)

Please explain to them in graphic detail. Better, tell them IrelandOffline made you do it... :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

Rang eircom CS today, was put on hold and they played a song.
    ITs going to take an eternity to break us, I feel over laughing, I wonder if they were trying to tell me something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Oak3

you know what...just the posters on this thread could buy a leased line, set up a WAN ,start a company called Fat Hole.net and beat the suckers at their own game.

Do I get a job? im doing a feasability study as we speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Haha I beat ya all, £500 quid for my last bill second highest ever :) My bills average around 300 quid :/

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Last bill was £250 :( , which was the highest so far this year.
    Noticeable increase after the No limits fiasco, gonna cut down i guess :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

My recent Eircom bill was £35, my present Esat bill is £77. I use IOL Gold for all Internet connecting. I think my biggest bill was in June, 1997 for £300 from Eircom, but that was a two-monthly bill, and they were charging 9.5 pence a unit. Although prices have gone down, it looks like my use has gone up and on a two-monthly basis I'm spending about the same. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

£165...

£80 internet..

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

340 per month *tut tut tut* looks like I'm living on military rations for another year then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Originally posted by gandalf
    I am looking at getting rid of the Analogue line but Eircom being the Customer Service directed organisation they are cannot remap my number onto one of the 2 ISDN channels (now that may be a big deal I don't know but the fact they refused and were quite rude without giving an explanation as to why not has pissed me off)
    Gandalf.

Here's an idea for you.. unsubscribe from the ISDN.

Then Upgrade the analogue line to the ISDN one..

As for phone Bills Mnes about £250 PM on one analogue line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 IKiigan

My most recent Eircom ISDN bill was approximately £505 IEP.

I called them and said "That's a lot of money, is it cool if I pay it about 2 weeks later than listed on the bill?" "Sure, no problem". As a valued Eircom customer for over 6 years I expected no less.

Until ... they cut me off on the following Friday evening. I was livid. I call them up being rather annoyed. "We can't re-connect you until you pay the bill". So I said - "Right, can I pay over the phone?". "Laser only". "You don't take Visa? It's quite popular these days". "No, sorry". Super.

Anyway my persuasive / persistant telephone technique got them to connect me within 20 minutes WITHOUT me paying the bill. Just to show people - it can be done if you are firm, and persistant, but polite.

I really really need to leave this country and go somewhere where I can afford to live and work. > £500 for fupping net access is a joke.

That might merit another day's discussion ...

Ian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by IKiigan
    So I said - "Right, can I pay over the phone?". "Laser only". "You don't take Visa? It's quite popular these days". "No, sorry". Super.
    Ian

It's because the card companies charge more for Visa than they do for laser. No real reason why they shouldn't take it though.

Advertisement