Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN reconnection farce

Options
  • 09-10-2001 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

I had ISDN in my gaff for ages, I moved out and my ma got it turned off. So all the eqiptment is still there..

Now I ring to get it back and Im told I will have to pay a £170+ install fee...

even tho it will not have to get re-installed, as the equiptment is still there, just turned on again..

If they disconnect you, they can reconnect you in 30 minutes, I betcha its the same here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

170 quid!?!? how do they figure that.
    It cost just 100 when i got it 2 years ago and with DSL here now (in some form or other) you'd think it would drop sliglty not rise. And thats not even including the point your making about reconnection. Eircom are really losing the plot.. or that sales person was ne way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Bill is as follows..

Engineers time to flick the switch - £1
    Knowing what switch to flick - £169

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

We all know why...

PROFITEERING

Plain & simple;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

finding the switch is 169 quid eh
    160 quid of that must be tea breaks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It should cost £99 to upgrade a POTS line to ISDN and £199 to get a new ISDN line from scratch. It may be that you are getting a discount of £30 because you have some of the equipment there already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement