Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you play a gig for free?

Options
  • 09-10-2001 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I've played so many gigs and the worst thing is having my friends pay for us to play. Having to sell tickets to my friends when the money is going straight to the organisers.

Why is it that we have to pay to play?

I don't really want to get payed for doing something I love on stage, I don't want people paying in.
    In all the gigs I've played in over the years the most the band got was about £40 each member. I work full time so I don't really need the money to play.

Who would be interested in playing gigs where its free in and you don't have to pay to play.
    Maybe aswell drinks promotions, this would really get the crowds in.

Maybe if you want to earn some cash sell your CDs.

Can this be done, and how hard could it be?

Is there anyone out there interested in this adventure and would anyone have any ideas.

This idea is to try to build followings of people who like to see your band not just your friends.

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Paul
    http://www.ginsengmusic.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

No venue will give you a free gig- the odd open mike night but nothing regular

PAY TO PLAY SUCKS we all know, gigsmart is organising gigs , all cost shared evenly, all profits shared evenly .......it takes very little to break even, but there are costs , we hope to reduce the costs continually....I won't go on.. just look at some of the earlier gigsmart threads if your interested turn up at Dorans on Thursday night at 7.30.

oh ...all of the Otranome (7 gigs so far have been played for free, except funnily enough the gigsmart one were we made a small bit as did all the other bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

I think you should come to the Gigsmart meeting on Thursday night in Eamon Dorans 7.30pm

Advertisement