Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat price hikes..

• 06-03-2000 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Esat have decided to take £3 more off me per month because the director of communications forced them to, oh just great, why doesnt she force them to all walk off a tall building? (preferably with broken glass at the bottom)

I am a little miffed obviously, but I would like to know where this money is going, I need a little bit more justification than '..due to circumstances beyond our control'.

Have emailed them to no avail frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Where did you hear this? I haven't heard a word from Esat :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

It says in another post that it is gone up by £3 ie tis £20 ?

I sent my esat form out last wesnesday and i'm still not registered with esat, that will be 6 days tommorrow, and they say 2 days? Like what the fuk

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 06-03-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm going to un-subscribe in protest......It's got nothing to do with the fact that I'm leaving the country. Hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That extra 3 quid each month = 36 quid MORE per year... that's a bit much if you ask me...

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

so where is this £36 going?

more modem banks?, isdn support?, better routers?, better servers?

not a peep, bit of a swindle if you ask me. Its no coincidence esat are the only irish isp who provide this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

3 extra beans per month isn't going to break the bank. It's a bit annoying but what can you do. Just as long as they bring out ISDN no limits support sooner rather than later. Although, thinking about this, you're talking at leat £50 per month if they do bring out isdn nolimits. £30 per month for the line and £20 per month, at least, for the account. thats 300 beans per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Errrm, got a letter yesterday from Esat about this actually. No one else got a letter from Esat telling us there'll be a fee increase and why? I must be special wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 07-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Yes but snl doesnt support ISDN and havent promised they will either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

well up to a while ago i was getting desperate connection speeds 21bps and pings that jumped to 1000 when ever anything happened but now there back to about 40bps
    and i get very good pings the money has done some good.Tech support lines are now the price of a local call yay.Hay wait a sec i never use the tech support lines anyway

con

[This message has been edited by pat kenny (edited 07-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

whoa back up to 40bps?
    ive never got 44,000 on esat.
    god knows ive tried.
    dial up eircom and 44,000 is the minimum.

esat are ripping everyone off at the moment because they can.
    the service hasnt got any better and is not worth the extra money imo.
    if i wasnt in love with napster i'd go back to the standard isps smile.gif

• Advertisement

Nah you're not special, I got one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

meanie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

tin, 300 a yr for a digital connection and no phone charges? thats not bad at all, how much were u spending per yr on phone calls before nolimits?

As Spoon said, esat dont have an isdn nolimits account yet. Well before I signed up for esat i was spending around 40-50 per month on telephone calls plus 12 quid per month for indigo subscription. so on average about £55 a month. Now i'm spending approx. £25 per month, incl. the odd indigo dial up for that low low ping wink.gif so making a saving. Roll on isdn no limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

it has gone up 3 quid becose the intercon charges made by eircom for a telphone call were lowered from 8am to 6pm but put (8%)up at the off peak times 6pm till 8am (snl times) so esat is useing this as a reson to put up the the price by 18% to 20 quid, thay say they under priced it at the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

anyone see the price of this in the UK?
    we're paying twice as much.
    nothing new though.

Advertisement