Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom giving me a free TA?

Options
  • 09-10-2001 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

I ordered ISDN there last tuesday, and they gave me the usual story I have heard from everyone else ... it will probably take 4-6 weeks. I got a call from them on Monday saying that an Engineer will be here in Wednesday. Maybe he is just coming over for an on-site survey or something, but if it is to connect me, it must be a new record for them ... ISDN within one week without any hassling or excuses for needing it sooner.

Anyway ... I got a TA in the post from them. I never asked for one, and they never asked it I wanted one ... Will I be getting charged for it anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

if it's that shyot external one they ship, keep it.
    If they charge you for it kick up a fuss.
    You never ordered it. Last time I checked you don't have to buy their one.
    You ordered the ISDN line. Not the TA.
    Fupp them if they charge you for it.
    £90 worth of crap. £70 secure's a Eicon Diva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I gave them a call, and there were indeed going to charge me for it, sneaky buggers. I made sure they knew I didn't want it, and will send it back. Yes it is that crappy USB draytek yoke. I will be getting a couple of Asuscom modems over the next 2 weeks, which will sort me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

The engineer might be out to give you the digital phone cable which u will have to put through to the room in your house that you want the isdn box in. (whatever its called). If im right he should be back in 2 weeks to finish hooking you up.
    thats if its what i think it but u can expect the engineer to be late. :p

I'm not too bothered to be honest, I won't have a TA for another 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    The engineer might be out to give you the digital phone cable

Is that the cat5 you run from the box on the wall to your modem, or is it the cable that goes from
    outside/front door to where ever the box on the wall is going to be ?

btw. whats the proper term for "the box on the wall" I feel silly saying that all the time,
    but thats what I've always called it :)

which u will have to put through to the room in your house that you want the isdn box in. (whatever its called).

Oops, option 2 then :)
    Thats a bit ****ty of them, I would have thought that they would cable it into the house fully.

If im right he should be back in 2 weeks to finish hooking you up.
    thats if its what i think it but u can expect the engineer to be late. :p

Ooh even better :)
    hmm... so if I could find out that this "digital phone cable" is, I could wire that out to wherever
    it needs to be for when the engineer comes.
    If and when I ever get around to getting ISDN, hmmph...

• Advertisement

Surprisingly I now have ISDN ... MUST ... BUY ... TA !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hur hur, he said "Eircom" and "free" in the same sentence. Does he mean "free" as in "not in jail"? :D

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

you know you dont have to send back the modem just inform them you didnt order it and if they dont collect it in 30 days u get to keep it 4 free i believe under trade law i could be wrong and legal beagles around?

I doubt I'd want to keep this TA even if it was free ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Simple Contract law in regards to your TA

If they gave it to you and u didn't ask for it... Take it...

If they don't ask for u to pay for it in 6 months its yours

If they insist on u paying for it all u have to say is u never asked for it and legally they can't even charge u for using it...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Very good second post Osi... I enjoyed that very much.

Blind git santa, read my second post:P

Advertisement