Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

newbie c4 or e4

• 09-10-2001 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭

Moving to a new apartment next week which has a digibox, after talking to some workmates with sat, i am only more confused.

looking over the posts here, i see many people referring to c4, but my workmates say its not c4 its e4?

I'm new to this and am wondering if if the sat option is going to require cable to get my regular tv shows on bbc, c4 and itv(which apparently is a complete sat no no)

Basically what i'm asking is, do i need a regular ntl cablelink package as well as sky digital just to get, bbc 1/2, c4 and itv?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

It is indeed E4.

Sky Digital carry BBC1 and 2 but afaik doesnt carry C4. ITV is coming to sky sometime in november. hope that answers ure questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Channel 4 is there on 103 but you need an english viewing card, which can be got on www.ebay.co.uk

"Channel 4 is there on 103 but you need an english viewing card, which can be got on www.ebay.co.uk"

Yes you can do that but if you are only looking for the card its messy-dealing with strangers-you would be better off,getting someone you know in either GB or NI to get it for you for free.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dec

Following on from Longfields question and Madmans reply -
    My brother lives in England and he would be as thick as I am
    concerning digital, How would he be able to get me an English viewing card ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cheers lads, have a feeling this is going to be something new to toy with in the future, yay!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement